Account Manager (REMOTE)
- 811 N Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Signal Vine is in search of a professional Account Manager with a competitive, sales-oriented spirit to join our growing Customer Success team. You will play a lead role in managing the success and growth of an assigned portfolio of customers. This role requires a “can-do” attitude, the desire to be a proactive and creative problem solver, and passion for improving student outcomes in education. You will be responsible for developing account strategy, delivering annual customer retention objectives, and enhancing overall customer satisfaction for a portfolio of customers in the Higher Education space. This is a quota carrying position.
Who We Are
Signal Vine is the leading higher education AI messaging platform transforming how you reach, support, and engage students throughout their life-cycle. With over 50 million student interactions, Signal Vine’s Blended Messaging™ personalizes engagement using AI, workflow automation, chatbots, and one-to-one messaging to keep students on the path to success. Signal Vine has been improving enrollment and retention outcomes with a proactive approach across the entire campus and student lifecycle.
Founded in 2013, Signal Vine was born out of Harvard University research conducted on reducing "Summer Melt" through advisor-led text nudges. With a proven use case to engage students, our team has combined expertise in software with mobile technology to build a product that has grown into higher education's most impactful two-way messaging platform. Today, hundreds of educational institutions are using Signal Vine to engage students, staff, and employees. From getting students to college and hitting enrollment goals, to retaining students and up-skilling the workforce, our customers are reaching their goals with help from the Signal Vine team.
We believe in the power of conversation to build communities and to strengthen the opportunity for all to succeed. We are passionate about solving social issues through technological innovation and building a business we can all be proud of while doing it. We tie our success to that of others - the more people we help, the more successful we become.
What You’ll Do
On a daily basis you will:
- Build strong customer relationships by maintaining high levels of engagement and communication; conduct routine account performance planning and business reviews.
- Renew and expand customer contracts, meeting and exceeding personal and team quotas.
- Deliver both basic and advanced training sessions to ensure confidence with the platform and cultivate customer accountability.
- Advise customers on best practices for designing, implementing, and scaling their campaigns.
- Resolve customer issues, alone and through collaboration with other teams.
- Drive customer advocacy in the form of references, referrals, and case studies
- Perform data-driven reviews and analysis on customer portfolios to prioritize opportunity and risk.
- Contribute to the team culture of excellence.
- Identify potential issues and risks early in the implementation cycle and develop backup strategies and contingency plans for resolution.
Who You Are
First of all, you have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited, four-year institution and:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Account Management or Customer Success.
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS) from an accredited 4 year university.
- Experience managing a portfolio of clients including high profile customers, preferably colleges and universities.
- Experience in a SaaS startup environment.
Additionally, during our interview process, our goal will be to learn more about you and yours will be to showcase your:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining strict attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; consistent diplomacy, tact, and poise when working through customer issues and escalations.
What Else You Should Know
Part of the growing education technology presence in Alexandria, VA, we are located just down the road from Amazon HQ2. We’ve been recognized as one of DC’s most enviable offices by DC Inno and we offer a rewarding culture that promotes teamwork, growth, and enjoying our day to day roles. Our high growth business provides employees with a great opportunity to grow in their careers.
- Competitive salary with individual commission structure
- Medical (employer paid), dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous paid time-off and holiday schedule with additional floating holidays
- Casual office attire and pet-friendly office
Come join us as we build an exciting company that sits at the intersection of education and cutting-edge, AI-backed technology.