Director of Account Management
- 811 N Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Director of Account Management to lead a high-performing, mission-driven team. We are the leading Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered messaging platform in the higher education market. If you have leadership experience in account management, are a client-centered professional, and are committed to making a difference, this role could be just right for you. Join us and you will be responsible for developing account strategy, delivering annual customer retention and growth objectives, and enhancing overall customer satisfaction for a portfolio of 500+ organizations and 6 account managers. We are looking self-starting leader with great attention to detail and process adherence who is passionate about exceeding KPIs, creating a world class customer experience, and improving student engagement. If you’re up to the challenge, keep reading.
Who We Are
Signal Vine is transforming how higher education leaders reach, support, and engage students. We believe in the power of conversation to build communities and to strengthen the opportunity for all to succeed. We are passionate about solving education and social challenges through technology-based innovation and building a business we can all be proud of while doing it.
On a daily basis you will:
- Direct the account management communication and engagement strategy, manage to key metrics, and coach team members.
- Renew and expand customer contracts while meeting and exceeding personal and team quotas
- Conduct routine account performance planning and business reviews with your account managers
- Manage AMs to perform data-driven reviews and analysis on customer portfolio to prioritize opportunity and risk
- Provide department wide guidance on best practices for designing, implementing, and scaling their text message campaigns
- Deliver both basic and advanced training sessions to ensure confidence with the platform and cultivate customer accountability
- Resolve customer issues, alone and through collaboration with other teams
- Drive customer advocacy in the form of references, referrals, and case studies
- Contribute to the team culture of excellence
First of all, you have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited, four-year institution and:
- 6-8 years of experience in Account Management or Customer Success roles in SaaS
- Experience managing a team of account managers including high profile customers, preferably colleges and universities
Additionally, during our interview process, our goal will be to learn more about you and yours will be to showcase your:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining strict attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; consistent diplomacy, tact, and poise when working through customer issues and escalations
Part of the growing education technology presence in Alexandria, VA, we are located just down the road from Amazon HQ2. We’ve been recognized as one of DC’s most enviable offices by DC Inno and we offer a rewarding culture that promotes teamwork, growth, and enjoying our day to day roles. Our high growth business provides employees with a great opportunity to grow in their careers.
- Competitive salary with individual commission structure
- Medical (employer paid), dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous paid time-off and holiday schedule with additional floating holidays
- Casual office attire and pet-friendly office
What Now? Come join us as we build an exciting company that sits at the intersection of education and cutting-edge, AI-backed technology. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.