Account Executive (New Sales-Remote in Northeast Territory or Alexandria, VA Based)
- 811 N Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Signal Vine is the leading higher education AI messaging platform transforming how you reach, support, and engage students throughout their life-cycle. With over 50 million student interactions, Signal Vine’s Blended Messaging™ personalizes engagement using AI, workflow automation, chatbots, and one-to-one messaging to keep students on the path to success. Signal Vine has been improving enrollment and retention outcomes with a proactive approach across the entire campus and student lifecycle.
Founded in 2013, Signal Vine was born out of Harvard University research conducted on reducing "summer melt" through advisor-led text nudges. With a proven use case to engage students, our team combined expertise in software and mobile technology to build a product that has grown into higher education's most impactful two-way messaging platform. Today, hundreds of educational institutions are using Signal Vine to engage students, staff and employees. From getting students to college and hitting enrollment goals, to retaining students and up-skilling the workforce, our customers are reaching their goals with help from the Signal Vine team.
We believe in the power of conversation to build communities and to strengthen the opportunity for all to succeed. We are passionate about solving social issues through technological innovation and building a business we can all be proud of while doing it. We tie our success to that of others - the more people we help, the more successful we become.
Come join us as we build an exciting company that sits at the intersection of mobile technology, education and workforce.
We are in search of a hard-working professional with a competitive spirit to join our growing sales team as an Account Executive. This is a new sales/"hunting" role. The perfect candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for improving student outcomes in education. This role requires a “can-do” attitude, the ability to execute a commercial strategy against annual and quarterly goals and an ever-present desire for success.
·Manage a robust multi-campus/department sale with a 3-6 month purchasing cycle.
· Execute on a defined territory plan with specific targets to meet performance goals
· Generate a robust pipeline of $2-3M to ensure meeting sales goals
· Articulate how Signal Vine drives engagement and solves business problems in education
· Deliver compelling executive and VP-level product demonstrations to prospective customers
· Navigate unique customer procurement processes, negotiate, and close contracts
· Update and maintain accurate pipeline data in Salesforce
· Represent company at industry events and customer locations as needed
· 5+ years of successful SaaS sales experience in education technology
· Demonstrated track record of achieving sales quota
· Specialized knowledge of higher education organizational structures and procurement processes
· Industry contacts and relationships at higher education institutions
· Experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM
· Unwavering customer service orientation
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Efficient time management and organizational skills
· Start-up experience is a huge plus
· Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from an accredited, four-year institution
· Competitive salary with individual commission structure
· Medical (employer paid), dental, and vision insurance plans
· 401(k) plan with company match
· Generous paid time-off and holiday schedule with additional floating holidays
· Casual office attire and pet-friendly office