Account Executive (New Sales- Alexandria, VA Based)
- 811 N Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Signal Vine is the leading Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered messaging platform transforming how higher education leaders reach, support, and engage students. We believe in the power of conversation to build communities and to strengthen the opportunity for all to succeed. We are passionate about solving education and social challenges through technology-based innovation and building a business we can all be proud of while doing it.
Part of the growing education technology presence in Alexandria, VA, Signal Vine is located just down the road from Amazon HQ2. We’ve been recognized as one of DC’s most enviable offices by DC Inno and we offer a rewarding culture that promotes teamwork, growth, and enjoying our day to day roles. Our high growth business provides employees with a great opportunity to grow in their careers.
Come join us as we build an exciting company that sits at the intersection of education and cutting-edge, AI-backed technology.
We are in search of a hard-working professional with a competitive spirit to join our growing sales team as an Account Executive. This is a new sales/"hunting" role. The perfect candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for improving student outcomes in education. This role requires a “can-do” attitude, the ability to execute a commercial strategy against annual and quarterly goals and an ever-present desire for success.
·Manage a robust multi-campus/department sale with a 3-6 month purchasing cycle.
· Execute on a defined territory plan with specific targets to meet performance goals
· Generate a robust pipeline of $2-3M to ensure meeting sales goals
· Articulate how Signal Vine drives engagement and solves business problems in education
· Deliver compelling executive and VP-level product demonstrations to prospective customers
· Navigate unique customer procurement processes, negotiate, and close contracts
· Update and maintain accurate pipeline data in Salesforce
· Represent company at industry events and customer locations as needed
· 2+ years of successful SaaS sales experience in education technology
· Demonstrated track record of achieving sales quota
· Specialized knowledge of higher education organizational structures and procurement processes
· Industry contacts and relationships at higher education institutions
· Experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM
· Unwavering customer service orientation
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Efficient time management and organizational skills
· Start-up experience is a huge plus
· Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from an accredited, four-year institution
· Competitive salary with individual commission structure
· Medical (employer paid), dental, and vision insurance plans
· 401(k) plan with company match
· Generous paid time-off and holiday schedule with additional floating holidays
· Casual office attire and pet-friendly office