Sales Development Representative
- 811 N Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
About Signal Vine:
Founded in 2013, Signal Vine was born out of Harvard University research conducted on reducing "summer melt" through advisor-led text nudges. With a proven use case to engage students, our team combined expertise in software and mobile technology to build a product that has grown into higher education's most impactful two-way text messaging platform. Today, hundreds of institutions are using Signal Vine to engage students, staff and employees. From getting students to college and hitting enrollment goals, to retaining students and up-skilling the workforce, our customers are reaching their goals with help from the Signal Vine team.
We believe in the power of conversation to build communities and to strengthen the opportunity for all to succeed. We are passionate about solving social issues through technological innovation and building a business we can all be proud of while doing it. We tie our success to that of others - the more people we help, the more successful we become. Come join us as we build an exciting company that sits at the intersection of mobile technology, education and workforce.
As a SDR, you will start our sales process by researching prospective customers, qualifying new sales leads and crafting effective outreach strategies. You will have early conversations with potential customers (Primary Market: Higher Ed, College Access, K-12 and Secondary/New Markets: Workforce Development, Associations, and Foundations) to better understand their needs and identify how Signal Vine can help them drive appropriate outcomes. Your success as a SDR will ultimately be based on the number of qualified leads you pass on to the Account Executives and your expertise of Signal Vine’s platform and services.
Prospect research. Use industry knowledge and tools to research and build lists of appropriate contacts at universities and colleges.
Outbound prospecting. Engage in 80-100 sales related activities per day (including 80+ phone calls) to generate new interest and qualify MQLs. You'll use a range of channels including cadences in Salesloft, calls, and emails. Also, monitor new lead oriented technology channels where applicable. (Drift...etc.)
Meeting (QC/Discovery) and Demo set up. Schedule 20-30 introductory meetings for Account Executives each month. The SDR will follow up with all inbound demo requests from marketing channels within 15-30 minutes.
Product learning. Learning and maintaining in-depth knowledge of Signal Vine’s solutions and the value they bring to our prospects. (Higher Ed, K12, Non Profit Associations)
Logging, Tracking, and managing all your activities in Salesforce, analyzing what's working well and what's not and improving performance accordingly. (If it is not in SF, it did not happen)
Developing new strategies. Developing and implementing new prospecting strategies.
Collaborate with AE’s and Sales Director on specific weekly regional projects. (Weekly assignments from Sales Director) Having a great working relationship with all AEs will contribute to long term success.
- 0-2 years of Sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to overcome objections
- Customer service and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Experience working with Salesforce and SalesLoft
- Successful SaaS sales experience in education technology
- Demonstrated success in a business development role
Signal Vine Benefits:
- Competitive salary with individual commission structure
- Medical (employer paid), dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Liberal paid time-off
- Generous holiday schedule with additional floating holidays
- Casual office attire and pet-friendly office
- Work In a fun, competitive and collaborative culture