Vice President of Finance
- 811 N Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Signal Vine is an exciting mobile messaging technology company experiencing rapid growth. We have been building a company that helps solve social issues with technology, and we recognize the key to our growth and success is hiring great people. The ideal candidate for Signal Vine would be a great teammate by bringing smart and creative problem-solving skills to the job while maintaining the dedication and focus required to achieve results.
We have designed an enterprise messaging platform for education organizations to reach today’s students. Our platform combines text messaging with data analytics to deliver a highly personalized and interactive experiences for students. We deliver personalized information, prompt timely action, and ultimately improve the outcomes for education organizations.
We pride ourselves on the technology and products we build, and value our team and the customer relationships we develop. In order to build a successful business, we move quickly and work hard. We have a powerful vision and have lined up a stellar team of partners, staff, and investors in what we expect will be an amazing journey.
Position: The Vice President of Finance is a new management level position at Signal Vine. You will be responsible for the financial operations of the business, including managing the finance and accounting team, day-to-day business finances, financial model development and ownership, tracking all key SaaS and KPI metrics, and providing regular financial reports to managers, the CEO, and the Board of Directors. You will work closely with your direct reports, all team leads, and will report to the CEO.
Your specific responsibilities will include …
- Primary owner of all company finances, including any internal and external reports
- Manage existing accounting resources, and plan team growth as necessary
- Ensure the team is able to produce a regular, timely monthly close
- Manage the data collection and tracking process for all KPI and SaaS metric reporting
- Oversee company and team budget reporting, forecasting, and performance against plan
- Manage, develop, and own financial models necessary to plan business growth
- Lead periodic 409a valuation process with third party vendor
- Evaluate and oversee the migration to a more robust accounting system
- Manage the company’s interactions with third party audit firms during annual audit process
Management: This position will report to the CEO and will be part of the leadership team at Signal Vine. The CEO's focus is on strategy and direction and is milestone based and collaborative. He likes to touch base regularly with his direct reports but does not micromanage. He prefers to help set objectives, figure out the targets and goals, and then let you run with it.
Culture: The culture is very entrepreneurial and collaborative. It is friendly and fast-moving environment with a focus on positive results which are making an impact.
Compensation: Signal Vine will provide a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, benefits, and equity participation.
The ideal candidate …
- Has 8+ years of relevant finance and accounting experience
- Has a Bachelor’s degree with an accounting focus, MBA is a plus
- Has passed a CPA exam
- Has experience managing finances for a high-growth SaaS business
- Has worked for a venture-backed company and comfortable interacting with the Board
- Has superior time management and organization skills
- Is detail-oriented
- Can contribute to strategic management discussions
- Demonstrates the ability to take on new responsibilities successfully
- Is a player-coach type, comfortable rolling up their sleeves and working in the details
And has a make-up that is …
- self-driven and self-motivated, but great at interfacing with others
- learns quickly and thrives in a dynamic environment
- proactive and can work independently
- a flexible multi-tasker, yet deadline driven
- an entrepreneurial spirit with a sense of humor
We are committed to attracting and developing exceptional people, and creating an environment that is dynamic, challenging, and rewarding, all with the goal of realizing our full potential as a business. We seek those who enjoy a collaborative, participatory work environment where passion and a sense of humor are essential to making this an outstanding place to work.
Attributes of Top Signal Vine Performers
- Respectful ... valuing the contributions of others
- Humble ... enough to know it’s not all about you
- Anticipates ... what’s next and prepares accordingly
- Insightful ... seeking to gain a complete understanding
- Intuitive ... to not always need instructions
- Compassionate ... to not only care for, but try to understand others
- Detail-Oriented ... knowing the smallest details can be the most important
- Team First ... doing what needs to be done so the team and company succeed
Perks of joining Signal Vine
- opportunity to grow with broad, challenging responsibilities
- competitive salary, plus health and wellness benefits
- opportunity for equity participation
- work-life flexibility
- frequent outings, happy hours, and retreats
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.