Director of Product Management
- 811 N Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Signal Vine is an exciting mobile messaging technology company experiencing rapid growth. We have been building a company that helps solve social issues with technology and we recognize the key to our growth and success is hiring great people. The ideal candidate for Signal Vine would be a great teammate by bringing smart and creative problem-solving skills to the job while maintaining the dedication and focus required to achieve results.
We have designed an enterprise messaging platform for education organizations to reach today’s students. Our platform combines text messaging with data analytics to deliver a highly personalized and interactive experiences for students. We deliver personalized information, prompt timely action, and ultimately improve the outcomes for education organizations.
We pride ourselves on the technology and products we build, and value our team and the customer relationships we develop. In order to build a successful business, we move quickly and work hard. We have a powerful vision and have lined up a stellar team of partners, staff, and investors in what we expect will be an amazing journey.
Position: The Director of Product Management is a new management level position at Signal Vine. You will be responsible for coordinating input across the company, its customers, and their users to inform priorities and decisions related to the product roadmap, feature selection and design, and release of Signal Vine’s products. This position requires someone that leads by example and is a gifted communicator who can get collect and synthesize details. You will work closely with engineering, customer success, marketing, and current full-time and part-time product management resources.
Your specific responsibilities will include …
- Primary product owner of the Signal Vine enterprise messaging platform
- Responsible for maintaining the product roadmap, incorporating input from all stakeholders
- Manage the process for setting product development priorities
- Manage the sprint development and release process
- Maintain communications with customer success, sales & marketing on product releases and roadmap priorities for the company
- Manage product team resources including one Product Management Associate and any contractors
Management: This position will report to the CEO and will be part of the leadership team at Signal Vine. The CEO's focus is on strategy and direction and is milestone based and collaborative. He likes to touch base regularly with his direct reports but does not micromanage. He prefers to help set objectives, figure out the targets and goals, and then let you run with it.
Culture: The culture is very entrepreneurial and collaborative. It is friendly and fast-moving environment with a focus on positive results which are making an impact.
Compensation: Signal Vine will provide a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, benefits and equity participation.
The ideal candidate …
- has 5+ years of product management experience for a technology product
- has a Bachelor’s degree
- has superior time management and organization skills
- is detail-oriented
- demonstrates the ability to take on new responsibilities successfully
- must have recent and significant experience in a leadership position at a SaaS company with responsibility for the product and engineering teams
- must be someone who can win the hearts and minds of the developers, gaining their respect
- must be someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small company, but has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise. Ideal candidates will have gone through the high growth and scalability issues of a startup or high growth stage company.
- Prefer candidates with a successful track record building a product from early adoption through market share leadership
And has a make-up that is …
- self-driven and self-motivated, but great at interfacing with others
- learns quickly and thrives in a dynamic environment
- proactive and can work independently
- a flexible multi-tasker, yet deadline driven
- an entrepreneurial spirit with a sense of humor
We are committed to attracting and developing exceptional people, and creating an environment that is dynamic, challenging, and rewarding, all with the goal of realizing our full potential as a business. We seek those who enjoy a collaborative, participatory work environment where passion and a sense of humor are essential to making this an outstanding place to work.
Attributes of Top Signal Vine Performers
- Respectful ... valuing the contributions of others
- Humble ... enough to know it’s not all about you
- Anticipates ... what’s next and prepares accordingly
- Insightful ... seeking to gain a complete understanding
- Intuitive ... to not always need instructions
- Compassionate ... to not only care for, but try to understand others
- Detail-Oriented ... knowing the smallest details can be the most important
- Team First ... doing what needs to be done so the team and company succeed
Perks of joining Signal Vine
- opportunity to grow with broad, challenging responsibilities
- competitive salary, plus health and dental benefits
- opportunity for equity participation
- work-life flexibility
- frequent outings, happy hours, and retreats
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.