Contracted RSLI BSL Video Interpreter - Full and part-time positions available
- Sign Solutions, BIRMINGHAM, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Sign Solutions was established in 1998 and now offers a wealth of Interpretation, translation and training services across the UK to enable d/Deaf and hearing people to communicate and have equal access.
Our innovative InterpretersLive! video relay interpreting service provides a British Sign Language interpreter, on demand, using a desktop computer or tablet. Deaf employees have instant access to meetings and the ability to have phone calls with hearing customers and colleagues.
The same Interpreterslive! video relay service helps organisations become accessible to all Deaf consumers, via a link to our video service, from their website, which increases the accessibility rating of their website and allows Deaf people to call the organisations over the phone via a real time online BSL interpreter.
We are looking for an RSLI BSL Interpreter to join our video team on a contracted full time or part-time basis (3 days a week).
Working with a broad range of corporate clients in the private and public sector, as well as individual Deaf clients, this role is to predominantly provide BSL video interpretation for pre-booked remote video interpretation sessions.
· To undertake video interpreting assignments
· To deliver high quality BSL/English interpreting services to all clients
· To report to Head Interpreter and Managing Director
· To maintain CPD
· To abide by NRCPD code of conduct
· To work flexibly within the video interpreting team
- NRCPD registration
- RSLI status
- Enhanced DBS
- 3 years post qualification experience
Full 1:1 training will be provided.
Salary on application
Full 1:1 training provided