RSLI/TSLI British Sign Language Interpreter - OXFORD Full and Part-Time positions available
- Sign Solutions, Oxford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Due to our rapidly expanding client base, and significant recent investment, Sign Solutions are growing our team!
Sign Solutions, established in 1998, is the leading provider of services for Deaf and hard of hearing people, 24/7/365.
As an ISO 9001 & 27001 accredited, Crown Commercial Service framework supplier, of non-spoken interpretation and translation, we provide experienced, NRCPD registered, DBS and BPSS checked, interpreters onsite, nationally and internationally.
Our innovative InterpretersLive! video relay interpreting service provides a British Sign Language interpreter, on demand, using a desktop computer or tablet. Deaf employees have instant access to meetings and the ability to have phone calls with hearing customers and colleagues.
The same Interpreterslive! video relay service helps organisations become accessible to all Deaf consumers, via a link to our video service, from their website, which increases the accessibility rating of their website and allows Deaf people to call the organisations over the phone via a real time online BSL interpreter.
Our training centre provides qualifications in BSL, and CPD for British Sign Language interpreters. Our deaf awareness training can be delivered onsite or via e-learning.
We make videos and documents accessible to Deaf people by translating them into BSL; we provide a cost effective and efficient translation service.
Our aim is to assist organisations to become accessible to the Deaf community under the Equalities Act 2010, and the NHS can use video interpreting to meet the requirements of the Accessible Information Standard.
Working with a broad range of corporate clients in the private and public sector, as well as individual Deaf clients, this role is to predominantly provide BSL interpretation across Oxford and surrounding areas.
· To undertake face to face interpreting assignments (TSLI/RSLI)
· To undertake video interpreting assignments (RSLI only)
· To deliver high quality BSL/English interpreting services to all clients
· To report to Head Interpreter and Managing Director
· To maintain CPD
· To abide by NRCPD code of conduct
· To work well within the interpreting team
- NRCPD registration TSLI/RSLI
- Enhanced DBS
- Healthcare sector interpreting experience
- Video Interpreting requirement only - RSLI status and 3 years post qualification experience
A full driving licence is essential
Salary & Benefits
Salary dependent on experience
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- 20-25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- NRCPD registration fees
- CPD training
- Team events
- Relocation packages available
- Bradford factor bonus scheme
- Health and Wellbeing schemes
Full-time and part-time positions available, Permanent