Python Developer for Jeppesen – a Boeing company
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Are you passionate about solving complex real-world problems using technology? Do you want to work directly with clients, understand their business and use technology to solve their problems and improve efficiency? Are you thrilled to deliver solutions that the clients truly benefit from?
If yes - just keep reading!
Our client is the world’s leading provider of aeronautical data and are combining our company’s enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st-century navigation and aviation software solutions. For more than 80 years, Jeppesen has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
At Boeing, everyone is an innovator on a mission to connect, protect, explore, and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
As a Python Developer, you will be responsible for the development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of Crew and Ops Management applications in order to meet customer, functional, and regulatory requirements.
As part of an Agile implementation team, you will:
- Deliver client projects by configuring and customizing our world-leading Crew and Ops Management applications using XML, Python, and our proprietary RAVE language.
- Use a test-driven development methodology to ensure top quality, developing automated test cases as you code.
- Work directly with the client to understand their needs and business objectives and use that information to capture requirements.
- Explain design decisions and technical solutions in a clear and confident way to clients, while managing client expectations and building long-term client relationships.
- Travel to visit our clients from time to time, mainly in the Americas.
- 4+ years of working with software development
- At least 3-4 years of experience with Python in software development
- 2+ years of experience effectively working in a Linux/Unix environment
- 1+ year of experience with Git
- Solid programming ability, either through education, experience, or a combination of both
- Experience with working in an environment with many stakeholders
- Experience working within a Scrum team or in similar Agile project setups
- Advanced Written and Verbal English
- A background in Airline Operation or Airline IT, ideally with Crew Management
- An MSc or BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent knowledge
- The following skills should be learned fast if missing: - Test framework like Gherkin, Behave; - Interfaces and data integration, XML, XSD; - Database configuration, big data; - Building Pipelines, GitLab, Jenkins, GoCD; - Virtual machine, vagrant, VirtualBox; - PyCharm; Eclipse IDE