Senior IT Project Manager (Aviation Domain)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
On behalf of Jeppesen – a Boeing company, Sigma Software is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to be a part of our team working with the best airlines in the world. Join our team in Canada to facilitate people’s lives!
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager for our Montreal office to be responsible for leading projects to implement customized crew & fleet software solutions for external customers – one who demonstrates both passion and leadership in the art of agile project management.
- Project Management: Applies extensive project management and customer experience while learning and adapting to Jeppesen’s best practices framework to deliver project goals.
- Schedule Management: Create and maintain a project schedule for each project by identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, deliverables, customer requirements, task dependencies, and critical paths.
- Cross Functional Leadership: Provides leadership, direction and integrates activities with other departments, Boeing and Jeppesen vendors and partners to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Issue / Risk Management: Anticipates and identifies Risks and Issues that may impact implementation and develops and implements mitigation and corrective actions.
- Scope: Ensures the project remains focused on key objectives and goals. Develop and manage project expectations ensuring all applicable functional areas in Jeppesen are engaged on the project.
- Communication Management: Using a variety of media, clearly conveys information and ideas to internal and external individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Change Management: Ensure proper change management procedures are followed to ensure scope is managed and additional work is captured and appropriately billed to customer.
- Mindset: Discovers new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking. Tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Scrum Master: When acting as Scrum Master, expected to: - Act as a servant leader including facilitation, mentoring, situational awareness, and conflict resolution. Support and facilitate sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, retrospectives, reviews, etc. to support the successful delivery of product backlog work items. Remove sprint road blocks and facilitate solution development with the team. Support a culture of continuous process improvement through sprint retrospectives. Perform other functions as assigned.
- At least 5 years of project management and customer facing experience
- Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven Agile (Scrum/Kanban) project management experience
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience managing complex technical software implementation projects
- Strong business acumen and relationship skills needed to build partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills
- Be ready for short-time business trips to direct customer
Will be a big plus:
- PMP certification
- Aviation industry expertise, ideally in the area of crew management solutions
- Ability to quickly learn a complex product and setup
- Problem solver
- Ability to see Big Picture
- Team Leader and Coach