Internship - Data Engineer Consultant
- Amstelplein 1, 1096 HA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sia Partners is a next generation management consulting firm and pioneer of Consulting 4.0. We offer a unique blend of AI and design capabilities, augmenting traditional consulting to deliver superior value to our clients. Counting 1,800 consultants in 18 countries, we expect to achieve USD 300 million in turnover for the current fiscal year. With a global footprint and expertise in more than 30 sectors and services, we optimize client projects worldwide. Through our Consulting for Good approach, we strive for next-level impact by developing innovative CSR solutions for our clients, making sustainability a lever for profitable transformation.
Sia Partners is looking for talented Data Engineer Consultants to support our activities within the Data Science Business Unit. You will be working alongside with our Data Science consultants and our clients on Data Engineering topics, including creating relevant data models, developing powerful data pipelines, exposing them through various mechanisms including APIs, and using data visualization tools to efficiently present data.
You will also support our Heka team which is our internal accelerator for Data Science projects which includes a development framework, an automated integration & continuous deployment service (CI/CD), and a hosting & monitoring service for each project’s platform. Within the Heka team, you will actively contribute to the technological, architectural and governance choices to meet the future challenges of scale-up.
- Collaborate with our client’s leadership teams, engineers, program managers and data analysts to understand data needs.
- Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines transforming data into useful report ready datasets.
- Communicate at scale, through multiple mediums: presentations, dashboards, client-wide datasets, bots and more.
- Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing,’ identifying and addressing data gaps, build monitors to detect data quality issues and partner to establish a self-serve environment.
- Broad range of partners equates to a broad range of projects and deliverables, including ML Models, datasets, measurements, services, tools and process.
- Leverage data and business principles to automate data flow, detect business exceptions, build diagnostic capabilities, and improve both business and data knowledge base.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for your areas.
You are in your last year of your studies in an engineering school or in a field such as computer science, econometrics, mathematics, physics, or any other quantitative field. You have a previous experience in Data Engineering. You are looking for a 6 months end-of-studies internship with pre-hiring opportunities within one of our 4 Data Science Excellence Centers (Paris, Montréal, Amsterdam, London).
Expected qualifications :
· You have very good programming skills in Python and good skills in other languages. You have a first experience with at least one DBMS SQL and noSQL
· You are familiar with at least one cloud service platform (GCP, AWS, Azure)
· You are able to use Docker and to produce pipelines automation CI/CD
· You are willing to develop your skills in Kubernetes
· You share the DevOps culture. You are familiar with Infrastructure as Code concepts and tools
· You are sensitive to security issues and have a first experience in the implementation of application protection solutions
· English : Full professional proficiency
Curious about the sector evolution, you have strong convictions about today’s technologies. You are proactive and able to develop your skills in a new technology both in autonomy and in team.
You are an open minded team player with strong analytical skills. You are looking for a stimulating professional environment where you will share Sia Partners values of excellence, entrepreneurship, innovation, team work, care & support and employee wellbeing.
To learn more about Sia Partners, please visit: https://www.sia-partners.com/en/work-with-us