Supervising Senior Consultant - Banking Cross Business Transformation
- 141 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60604, USA
Sia Partners is a next generation consulting firm focused on delivering superior value and tangible results to its clients as they navigate the digital revolution. With over 1,650 consultants in 16 countries, we will generate an annual turnover of USD 300 million for the current fiscal year. Our global footprint and our expertise in more than 30 sectors and services allow us to enhance our clients' businesses worldwide. We guide their projects and initiatives in strategy, business transformation, IT & digital strategy, and Data Science. As the pioneer of Consulting 4.0, we develop consulting bots and integrate AI in our solutions.
Sia Partners works with more than 50 blue-chip companies in the U.S. across six main sectors including banking, energy and utilities, insurance, technology, transportation, and healthcare. The firm differentiates itself by applying its innovative Consulting 4.0 approach which combines management consulting skills with AI techniques.
Our Banking Cross Business Strategy Transformation Practice delivers high quality corporate strategy, business line/product strategy, operational efficiencies, technology transformations and regulatory/compliance solutions. Our management consulting services are the culmination of the firm’s combined years of experience and expertise across multiple functional areas within the Financial Services industry. We help clients define and implement strategies for a new era in financial services
Sia Partners is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Supervising Senior Consultant in the Chicago area. The candidate must have strong project management and/or engagement delivery experience in the Banking or Asset Management industries. The candidate’s experience should have been gained from either within the industry, as an internal project manager, or from consulting work to the industry as member of a leading consulting firm.
Your role will be to lead, manage, and deliver business-critical change initiatives for our banking and asset management clients. Candidates must be capable of exceptional client delivery, have the desire to lead, and have passion for the growth of our firm.
Successful candidates are smart, humble, and driven. They know how to adapt their knowledge, approach and experience to any situation. They have the agility to work with a variety of clients, types of engagements, and work situations. They always work to exceed expectations, and they have a fervent desire to keep learning and growing.
This position will be based in Chicago and will work with the small, medium and the largest financial institutions in the US.
· Work closely with project sponsors and key stakeholders to define scope
· Manage projects or engagements by creating project plans, preparing status reports, monitoring risks/issues and presenting to periodic updates to client sponsors
· Manage resources to ensure deliverables are provided on time, on budget and within scope
· Produced high quality written materials (Word & Power Point)
· Prepare detailed process maps (Visio or Power Point)
· Conduct detailed business analysis to document the current state, gaps and new requirements
· Develop the future state design and implementation roadmaps
· Summarize and present findings to clients in succinct and effective Power Point presentations
· Collaborate with engagement teams to deliver high-quality work products
· Apply strategic and critical thinking to develop recommendations that address client challenges
· Conduct research on banking, asset management, capital markets and other financial services topics and be an activate participant in developing insight articles
· Participate in business development and proposal efforts
· Participate in regular working group meetings
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience working at or consulting to Banks or Asset Management Firms
· Experience in key areas such as Strategic Program Delivery, Project Management, Operations, Technology or Compliance
· In-depth knowledge of the Banking and Asset Management industry’s trends, strategy and operating models
· 5+ years of leading medium to large internal projects or external consulting engagements
· Experience from large Banks, Asset Managers or Big four Consulting Firms is a plus
· Undergraduate degree
· Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting or Management is a plus
· PMP Certification is required
· CFA Certification is a plus
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel & Power Point)
· Basic understanding of technology principals
· Ability to travel every week if necessary; up to 4 days per week
· Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and a global team player
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to work in a highly dynamic, fast paced environment
· Excellent stakeholder management skills
· Highly detail orientated
· Ability to manage internal and external teams, manage client relationships and networks, present to senior audiences, and work day-to-day with senior and mid-level clients
· Ability to multi-task competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Demonstrated leadership skills and/or experience
· Lead internal corporate initiative
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly team in New York that serves some of the most exciting and highly respected companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to provide clients with original thinking and customized solutions and you’ll often have the satisfaction of seeing the impact of your work on their business. We are committed to a healthy work-life integration. We do serve our clients globally and if interested, there are opportunities for international mobility.
· Generous PTO, including Parental leave
· Healthcare that includes dental and vision, life insurance and 401K matching
· Career advocacy program that supports achieving personal development goals through coaching, collaboration and real-time feedback
· Robust learning and development platform through the Sia Institute, 360 Learning App, Sia Blend App, working groups, US Training Sessions, and reimbursement for continuing education and certifications
· Women at Sia Club
· Annual Seminar/a value add experience to network with your colleagues across North America and other regions
· Opportunities for geographic mobility if desired
STILL INTERESTED? TELL US ABOUT YOUR…
· Academic successes
· Consulting or Industry experience
· Growth from failure
· Tools and training
· Cross-functional experience
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) are part of Sia Partners’ DNA. Thanks to our expertise in several sectors and our international growth, our teams include a variety of experiences and cultures. We’re confident that promoting DEIB creates an environment in which everyone can reach their full potential.
Our global network, [email protected] Partners, brings together our people worldwide to facilitate local and global progress, focused on the following areas:
Gender equality (global Gender Equality Index score of 91/100 for FY19-20)
Race & Ethnicity