Data Science Manager
- 90 Bartholomew Cl, London EC1A 7EB, UK
Sia Partners is a specialist Management Consulting firm which was initially established in Paris, France in 1999 and has grown into a global firm with over 1,800 employees and annual revenue exceeding $300m. Our culture is strongly orientated towards high-quality expertise and delivering excellent results and outcomes for our clients, which include a wide range of multinational companies. Testament to its success, Sia Partners has shown double-digit growth every year since inception.
With our consultants representing 41 different nationalities, we are a highly diverse team spread across 30 offices in 16 countries. However, using innovative technologies such as our own in-house apps, social networks, and digital tools, we provide a truly integrated global service.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity, inclusion, and employee well-being. Our diversity and inclusion networks (local and global) contribute to a pipeline of initiatives to enhance employee quality of life and foster a caring environment in which to work. Employees are encouraged to contribute to these initiatives and drive positive change in the organisation across 5 pillars: [email protected], LGBTQ+, BAME, Wellbeing and Environment.
Sia Partners is a pioneer of Consulting 4.0, putting us at the forefront of the technology revolution, deploying augmented Consultants capable of leveraging emerging digital technology to enhance and improve their cognitive reasoning, analysis and planning. Supported by Augmented & Artificial Intelligence, Automation and Data Science, we empower our clients to make the right decisions at the right time for the right reasons.
The global Data Science capability at Sia Partners consists of 87 Data Scientists located Canada, The Netherlands and France. The new team in London will predominantly support projects across a diverse cross-section of business sectors including Banking, Energy, Defence, Technology and others. You might find yourself working in one or more of the following disciplines to help our clients achieve their aims:
- Machine/Deep learning and statistics: development of explanatory and predictive models for decision support through the development of algorithms, econometrics, forecasting, quantitative diagnosis, etc.
- Operational research: assistance in the design and implementation of constrained optimisation solutions and simulation models.
- Big Data: Algorithmic knowledge for the processing of large volumes of structured and unstructured data
(For more information about our Data Science practice, visit our bots showroom : https://datascience.sia-partners.com/.
You can also see a video presentation of our AI services & solutions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbnEoa9zHQY.)
As a Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Managing a team of 4-6 Data Science Consultants.
- Liaising with central leadership of the Sia Partners Data Science capability in France.
- Leading the delivery of Data Science projects, potentially working across several clients in the UK and, if required, support overseas engagements.
- Supporting business development activities, working with practice teams and other Sia Partners Data Science centres to develop proposals for potential opportunities.
- Recognising opportunities for Sia Partners to expand their Data Science offering to existing clients.
- Building and maintaining your own external professional peer networks.
- Contributing to thought leadership, working on blogs and the development of Sia Partners ‘assets’ including methodology and tools.
- Supporting marketing campaigns and overall external positioning of Sia Partners across social networks.
- Lead recruitment initiatives for your team and advise on positioning in the market.
- Facilitating own learning and specialist subject matter knowledge whilst supporting your team to further develop their technical knowledge and consulting skills within the practice.
- Working closely with other teams within Sia Partners globally to share information.
- Coaching and mentoring junior colleagues’ performance and development.
You can expect…
- A supportive atmosphere, where innovation and initiative are encouraged.
- A commitment to diversity, inclusion and employee well-being.
- Opportunities to flex your intellectual and creative muscles.
- Exposure to international Data Science projects.
- Welcoming, friendly and professional colleagues.
- A personal development plan with clear goals for advancement.
- A meritocratic approach to promotion that rewards those who exceed expectations.
- A competitive salary, in line with the market and your peers.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- A performance-related bonus.
- Health, life, dental and travel insurance.
- An employer-matched contribution pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- A passion for applying Data Science solutions to complex business problems.
- Willingness to take on responsibility on high-value projects with dynamic structures.
- Experience leading and developing ambitious, high-performing teams- preferably in a Consulting environment.
- Excellence in statistics and quantitative analysis (theoretical and practical knowledge, intuition, ability to understand models and apply them).
- Expert programming skills in one or more analytical languages such as R, Python or alternative.
- Experience in cloud-based infrastructures such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft and confidence in Linux (bash, git docker) environments.
- The ability to adapt rapidly, and work on a range of different business areas within a challenging environment and keeping to tight deadlines.
- Organisational skills applied to both yourself and your team to maximise efficiency and efficacy.
- Communication skills that allow you to convey complex technical information in simple terms for various stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Additional languages are nice to have.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (2:1) or international equivalent in a relevant subject: Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Business preferred.