(Junior) Machine Learning Engineer
- Amstelplein 1, 1096 HA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sia Partners is an international consultancy firm that is active in various areas. We operate across two axes: Consulting 4.0 and Consulting 4 Good. Within Consulting 4.0 we help clients in designing a future-proof business model both from a digital perspective level and through greater transformations on the aspects of people and processes. Together with our Data Science Center in Amsterdam, we create value through excellent use of data that includes supporting them in the creation of innovative products.
Within Consulting 4 Good we support our customers in the social field. We do this through diversity, ecology, well-being and addressing ethical challenges. Combined, both pillars help our customers to become a sustainable company for the future. We do not work with advisory reports; our strength lies precisely in our approach that we guide customers and co-create with them.
However, not only do we value our clients, but we also invest deeply in our consultants. We promote an inclusive workplace among our employees regardless of their background, gender identity or belief. Every employee is included in our strategy and the way we conduct business. At Sia Partners, you as an employee matter!
The Dutch office opened in Amsterdam in 2009 intending to strengthen our footprint in the Benelux. Today, Sia Partners continues to grow strongly in the Netherlands, for which we won the Business Development Award in 2018. We have developed an impressive client portfolio in the sectors of Energy & Utilities and Financial Services, supported by the cross-sector services: Human Resources & Change Management, Data Science and Marketing & Customer Experience.
We are looking for a passionate, (junior) Machine Learning (ML) Engineer with a strong background in machine/deep learning and experience in building ML pipelines to help us operationalize/productionalize ML models at scale. You will be working both on client projects as well as on building our own Sia ML solutions and also our own AI platform Heka. You will have the freedom to choose how to design, structure and build a ML solution.
The Amsterdam Data Science team is a young, diverse and growing team, where you are in the driver seat to shape the future of the team. We have a flat structure and value the entrepreneurial spirit of our team members. This means we encourage you to take the lead on topics of your interest while you can expect all the support you need to succeed. We not only engage in regular knowledge sharing to grow together professionally, but also take time to relax and catch up socially as a team.
You will be responsible for…
- Building production level ML/AI solutions, with solid software engineering and ML/AI principles
- Code and model reviews
- Working closely with data scientists to scale up their prototype models into production. This means parallelizing, optimizing, tuning, testing, and wrapping their code that exists as a proof of concept into something that can be deployed
- Automated deployment, and monitoring
- Making architectural and design decisions together with our French data engineering team
- Give trainings, lead workshops, help to organize internal and external events
- Write and publish blog articles and press releases on the subject that you lead
- Working closely with other business units of Sia Partners Global
You can expect…
- A supportive atmosphere, where innovation and initiative are encouraged
- Training opportunities to further develop yourself as an expert in your field
- Be part of a fast-growing international company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a flat structure
- A meritocratic approach to promotion that rewards those who exceed expectations.
- Opportunities to work on international assignments
- A commitment to diversity, inclusion and employee well-being
- Flexible working arrangements. Working from home, customer or at our inspiring office in the Rembrandt tower in Amsterdam
- A competitive salary, in line with the market and your peers
- A performance-related bonus.
- Attractive package of benefits (e.g. lease car, mobile phone, pension scheme)
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm for applying Data Science/Engineering solutions to business problems.
- Willingness to take on responsibility on high-value projects with dynamic structures
- Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sensitive to business opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach
- Solid programming skills in one or more analytical languages such as Python, Scala, C++ or alternative
- Experience in cloud-based infrastructures is preferred (AWS/GCP/Azure) and confidence in Linux (bash, git, docker) environments
- Knowledge in big data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop and Databricks is a strong plus
- Ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information and identifying linkages across disparate datasets, and creation of ETL pipelines
- Ability to adapt rapidly, and work on a range of different business areas within a challenging environment and keeping to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Experience or fluency in Dutch is a strong plus. Additional languages are nice to have
- MSc level education in Computer Science, Embedded Systems, Applied Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering or related field of study. PhD in this field is a strong plus
- 0-2 years of experience in building ML/deep learning pipelines and models
For more information on our Data Science Practice, visit our showroom: