Machine Learning Engineer
- Amstelplein 1, 1096 HA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sia Partners is a next generation management consulting firm and pioneer of Consulting 4.0. We offer a unique blend of AI and design capabilities, augmenting traditional consulting to deliver superior value to our clients. With 1,800 consultants in 18 countries and expertise in more than 30 sectors and services, we optimize client projects worldwide. Through our Consulting for Good approach, we strive for next-level impact by developing innovative CSR solutions for our clients, making sustainability a lever for profitable transformation.
Sia Partners Netherlands
In 2009 the office in Amsterdam was opened, which is now situated in the Rembrandttoren with a great view from the 28th floor of Amsterdam. We focus on the following sectors: Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Marketing & Customer Experience, Data Science and HR, Transformation & Change. The Dutch team is experiencing strong growth and has now built up an impressive client portfolio, supported by and cooperating with colleagues from our (31) international offices. Sia Partners Netherlands employs approximately 50 consultants.
Who you will work with
The Amsterdam Data Science team is young, diverse and growing, and you will be in the driver seat to shape its future. We have a flat structure and value the entrepreneurial spirit of our members: initiative is highly encouraged. We are also striving for well-being, diversity and knowledge-sharing inside the team, so that we can all grow together.
What you will do
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be working on client projects as well as on building our own Sia AI solutions, together with our Data Scientists, our French Data Engineering team, and other business units of Sia Partners Global.
Your responsibilities can include:
- Working closely with Data Scientists to scale up their models into production (parallelizing, optimizing, tuning, testing, and wrapping)
- Building production level ML/AI solutions with solid software engineering
- Making architectural and design decisions
- Automating deployment and monitoring
- Translate business problems into technical solutions
- Giving trainings, leading internal meetings and organizing external events
- Participating in team meetings and workshops with clients
- Writing blog articles and press releases on the subject that you lead
Who you are
- You are a true problem solver, you turn complex issues into simple business understandable solutions
- You have an analytical mindset and a solutions-oriented approach
- You are enthusiastic for applying Data Science/Engineering solutions to business problems
- You have the ability to adapt rapidly and work on a range of different business areas within a challenging environment
- You have excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- You have first-rate project management and time management skills
- You have completed your Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering or related field of study. PhD is a strong plus.
- You have 2-4 years of experience in building production-quality ML/Deep Learning pipelines and models.
- Good understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals and strong knowledge in a specific domain (e.g., Computer Vision, Deep Learning, NLP).
- Strong skills in Python and one or more other analytical languages (e.g. Scala, C++)
- You have hands-on experience with database management languages (e.g., SQL, PostgreSQL), Unix-based command line and DevOps tools (Git, Docker, Kubernetes), and in cloud-based infrastructures (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Experience with coaching/mentoring other engineers.
- If you have knowledge of big data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop and Databricks is a strong plus.
- Dutch & English speaker with excellent communication and presentation skills.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary with great extra advantages: a company car or flexible mobility plan, a work phone, a clear and structured yearly salary increase and bonuses.
- Flexible transport options that match your personal needs.
- Training plan to develop yourself as an expert in your discipline.
- You have the opportunity to work from home, with the client or from our inspiring office in Amsterdam.
- Working in an international environment creates opportunities to share knowledge and work together on international projects with colleagues all over the world.
For more information on our Data Science Practice, visit our showroom: