Consultant - IoT Area Breadth Manager
- Raffles Place, Singapore
Sia Partners is a specialist management consulting firm which was initially established in Paris, France in 1999 and has grown into a global firm with approximately 1,400 employees and revenue exceeding $180m. Our culture is strongly orientated towards high quality expertise and delivering excellent results and outcomes for our clients which include a wide range of multinational companies.
We have a global reach with integrated teams based in 23 locations, including London, Paris, New York, Montreal, Dubai, Hong-Kong, Tokyo and Singapore. The specialist services we offer include Digital Transformation, Operational Excellence, Change Management, Smart Automation and Data Science
Consultant - IoT Area Breadth Manager (12 months to perm contract)
Leveraging on our international growth and expansion plans, this is a crucial role as the Consultant will need to effectively lead and manage the project, in the IT industry. As a Consultant, your role will cover:
(50%) Light Account Management:
- Understand the partners’ device and device-to-cloud solution roadmap, competitive challenges, services vision and create differentiation strategies.
- Achieve and exceed revenue targets.
- Provide trainings to partners on Intelligent Edge and Intelligent Cloud.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the IoT devices and solution market as well as industry trends to share with partner.
- Transform existing partners and to IoT scenarios, including device, applications and solutions.
- Increase revenue and share of Windows modern IoT products and Azure Consumption.
- Ability to qualify and verify leads and deals and increase aggregate number of unmanaged OEMs that are engaged in our IoT business.
- Engage with Distributor sales force and Microsoft regional sales teams to ensure opportunities proceed.
- Engage with our ecosystem partners to drive opportunities.
(50%) Pipeline & Lead Management:
- Maintain internal and external CRM and qualify opportunities.
- Manage and maintain CRM tool and move opportunities to closure.
- Work with partner to build a plan to increase sales of Windows devices and Azure services.
- Build pipeline (monthly) of sales opportunities and forecast to anticipate business trends Healthy predictable pipeline that meets or exceeds quota expectations: Prospect and identify opportunities and coach the virtual sales team on how to maximize opportunity generation.
- Qualify opportunities and convert them to a customer solution based scenario.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and pipeline reports, using Microsoft’s tools and resources.
- Ensure an opportunity revenue value is included in the lead.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Strong grasp of English language and can both speak and write effectively in English.
- Additional preferred (but not required languages include Mandarin and Korean). Ability to read and write in Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese is also preferred but not required.
- 2-6+ years of IoT technology related sales or business development experience.
- Demonstrates understanding of IoT solution selling techniques and selling cloud based solutions.
- Strong analytic capabilities.
- Strong team player, collaborator, communicator and presenter
- Capability to work independently and efficiently.
- Capability to build pre-sales marketing documents including content development.
- Strong process and operational skills – shows initiative.
- Experienced in building strong, collaborative partner relationships with line-of-business and technical roles.
- Can navigate a partner through sales negotiations and/or technical presentations in online meetings.
- Solid knowledge of the IoT business, customers, partners, Microsoft IoT strategy and how they work together.
- Able to qualify sales opportunities and position partners in the overall sales process.
- Efficiently manage partner portfolio and pipeline of deal opportunities and generate quality field based feedback that helps to influence pricing schemes, business practices
- Strong communication skills: ability to manage complex partner issues effectively, strong focus on accountability, performance and execution and delivery, and growing a diverse partner relationship matrix).
- Demonstrate excellent business management including pipeline coverage and ensure local internal partnership that improves forecast accuracy.
- Ensure distributor engagement with registered designs to maximize results and return on investment
- Demonstrated ability to consistently exceed quota by driving deals within a Partner ecosystem.
- Sales/business development mindset
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Uses data to drive business decisions
- Comfortable communicating with customers and partners on the phone with business acumen
- Understands how to manage a team (TQ) to provide them instruction and coaching throughout process
- Language skills: fluent in English (verbal and written) plus fluency in an additional Asian language a plus.