Junior Consultant Intern - Summer 2020
- 40 Rector St, New York, NY 10006, USA
Sia Partners is a leading global strategic and operational management consultancy and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0 with over 1,650 + consultants spread out across 25 offices globally. Sia Partners operates within numerous industry sectors, including: Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications & Media, among others. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome disruption through AI and invest deeper into our Data Science field and automation capabilities. Sia Partners US is the coordinating entity for the Americas engaged primarily by major Financial Services, Technology and Energy clients operating in New York, Charlotte, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston and Baltimore.
Sia Partners champions high-quality customized client service through its experienced consultants and subject matter experts playing hands-on roles. Our range of services in North America includes project management and business analysis specializing in long-term Strategic and short-term Tactical Advisory Services, Automation through RPA & AI, Regulatory & Compliance, Energy, Finance, Accounting, Operational & Market Risk Management and Governance & Control Environments.
The summer 2020 Management Junior Consulting Internship Program is a 10 week paid internship program. The dates for the program will be Monday, June 8, 2020 - Friday, August 14, 2020.
As an intern at Sia Partners US, you will get the opportunity to work with our consultants to serve our clients. Examples of possible duties include:
- Interns will work with consultants and clients through all stages of the consulting life cycle, including data gathering, data analysis, developing solutions, generating recommendations, communicating results, implementation, and follow up
- Assist consultants with the delivery of project work across a range of clients based primarily at client sites
- Contribute to the development of Sia Partners intellectual property through the publication of articles on the Sia Partners blog and offers
- Assist with drafting business proposals and other client materials
- Gain understanding of the key issues, challenges and current topics within the banking sector
- Undertake training on various topics
As part of a diverse and motivated team, you will be involved in a range of projects with our clients, covering topics such as:
- Compliance (AML/KYC/Dodd Frank/FATCA)
- Operations and Middle office
- Loan Operations
- Risk and Regulatory Compliance
- Data warehouse Projects
- Systems and Implementation
- Cyber Security
- Risk Management
- Regulatory Reporting
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Analysis & Project Management
- IT Risk Assessments
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Actuary in Insurance
- Wealth Management
- Must be enrolled and graduating in 2020 or 2021 from undergraduate and/or advanced university degree from a top academic program (MBA, JD, PhD or equivalent)
- 0 – 1 years of consulting, financial services, or other relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry. Previous management consulting financial services internship experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven experience working in a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite expertise (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Project, Visio and Access preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Coding and/or technical experience with various coding languages (SQL, Python, R, HTML, Java Script etc.) and software/tools (Data Visualization – Power BI / Tableau/R-Shiny; Robotic Process Automation “RPA” – Pega/Automation Anywhere; etc.)
- Data analytics experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.