Data Privacy Senior Consultant or Manager
- 40 Rector St, New York, NY 10006, USA
Sia Partners is a leading global strategic and operational management consultancy and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0 with over 1,550 + consultants spread out across 25 offices globally. Sia Partners operates within numerous industry sectors, including: Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications & Media, among others. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome disruption through AI and invest deeper into our Data Science field and automation capabilities. Sia Partners US is the coordinating entity for the Americas engaged primarily by major Financial Services, Technology and Energy clients operating in New York, Charlotte, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston and Baltimore.
Sia Partners champions high-quality customized client service through its experienced consultants and subject matter experts playing hands-on roles. Our range of services in North America includes project management and business analysis specializing in long-term Strategic and short-term Tactical Advisory Services, Automation through RPA & AI, Regulatory & Compliance, Energy, Finance, Accounting, Operational & Market Risk Management and Governance & Control Environments.
Overview of position: Sia Partners is searching for Data Privacy Senior Consultants and Managers to deliver data privacy consulting services to our US clients. As a member of our Privacy team, you will have the opportunity to help clients enhance their privacy programs and capabilities and maintain compliance with US, global privacy regulations. You will be part of our global network of data privacy specialists and you will be able to leverage Sia Partners materials, tools and capabilities to perform gap analysis, support program implementation and manage changes.
To answer client needs, the range of sought-after capabilities include:
- Proven experience of working within data privacy or cybersecurity industry.
- Deep understanding of global data privacy challenges and strategies.
- Experience working with EU GDPR, Canadian PIPEDA, State Breach Notification laws, GLBA, Privacy shield, CCPA, or other US data privacy regulations is a plus.
- An ability to translate business, risk and regulatory requirements into data privacy solutions.
- Knowledge of how to develop and implement a privacy program for various industry sectors, including Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Transportation, and Energy.
- Experience working on some key data privacy topics such as storage, deletion, rights management, breach notification, governance, external transfers, binding corporate rules, third parties contract updates, and/or risk assessment.
- An ability to perform some data inventory in collaboration with businesses. Experience in data manipulation is a plus.
- An ability to collaborate with Business Unit stakeholders and work on strategic projects across all departments. Ability to understand the Privacy risks faced by clients and the impact to their business.
- Respect the strict client confidentiality
- The position is based in Sia Partners’ New York office with work at both our office and client offices. Expected travel 30-50% on average for this position.
- Personal performance attributes and credentials can include:
- Master’s degree level qualified.
- Recognized Privacy qualifications (e.g. CIPP, ISEB, CIPT, CISSP).
- Experience within a consulting firm.
- Additional skills in data management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with businesses and the project team.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Strong process and organizational skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.