Junior Consultant - Business Analyst - Regulation - AML/KYC
- 130 King St W, Toronto, ON M5X 2A2, Canada
Sia Partners is a leading global strategic and operational management consultancy and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0 with over 1,550 + consultants spread out across 25 offices globally. Sia Partners operates within numerous industry sectors, including: Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications & Media, among others. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome disruption through AI and invest deeper into our Data Science field and automation capabilities. Sia Partners US is the coordinating entity for the Americas engaged primarily by major Financial Services, Technology and Energy clients operating in New York, Charlotte, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston and Baltimore.
Sia Partners champions high-quality customized client service through its experienced consultants and subject matter experts playing hands-on roles. Our range of services in North America includes project management and business analysis specializing in long-term Strategic and short-term Tactical Advisory Services, Automation through RPA & AI, Regulatory & Compliance, Energy, Finance, Accounting, Operational & Market Risk Management and Governance & Control Environments.
We are currently searching for a full-time employee or a contractor for our AML, KYC Remediation team at a Global Bank.
- This individual will work on-site in Toronto at our Financial Service clients and assist the banks in performing KYC Remediation for their customers’ accounts.
- This individual will be responsible for performing KYC Remediation of our client’s customers’ accounts by drafting procedures, describing the process of remediating their accounts, and then executing this approach.
- Collaboration with internal and external bank stakeholders.
- Understand the US, Canadian and Global Regulations to perform KYC remediation.
- Analyze existing AML/KYC policies, guidelines and procedures and create new AML/KYC policies, guidelines and procedures that are consistent with the US & Canadian Global Regulations.
- Perform GAP Assessment of the required information that will be needed for customer accounts.
- Identify and implement new regulatory rules.
- Enhance and centralize the banks onboarding policies, guidelines and procedures. This includes: preparing information requests to relationship managers, retrieve missing documentation from their customers, screen and transaction monitoring of the accounts, and compile the final KYC packages to complete the remediation.
- Prepare information requests for relationship managers, and retrieve missing documentation from their customers.
- Screen and transaction monitoring of the accounts, and compile final KYC packaged to complete the remediation.
- Undergraduate and/or advanced University degree (MBA, JD, PhD or equivalent)
- Previous internship or 0 - 2 year in Finance, Compliance, Risk, Regulatory or Management Consulting.
- Outstanding team player and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and able to convey complex ideas to all areas of business.
- Dynamic task management skills and ability to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment and prioritize work.
- Fundamental understanding related to the financial sector and financial products.
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint Skills; SQL, VBA, Coding experience considered a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.