Consultant - Water & Utilities
- 90 Bartholomew Cl, London EC1A 7EB, UK
Sia Partners is a specialist Management Consulting firm which was initially established in Paris, France in 1999 and has grown into a global firm with approximately 1,500 employees and annual revenue exceeding $280m. Our culture is strongly orientated towards high-quality expertise and delivering excellent results and outcomes for our clients, which include a wide range of multinational companies. Testament to it's success, Sia Partners has been ranked in the top 25 Vault Consulting Europe list and has shown double-digit growth every year since inception.
With our consultants representing 41 different nationalities, we are a highly diverse team spread across 25 offices in 16 countries. Using innovative technologies such as our own in-house apps, social networks, and digital tools, we provide a truly integrated global service.
In the UK, Sia Partners Energy & Utilities practice works with regulators, suppliers and infrastructure funds on a variety of projects. We are continuing to expand our consulting business in the UK and are looking for talented people who are committed to building relationships and delivering results.
As a Consultant, you will be responsible for…
- Delivering high quality work with some oversight;
- Supporting the delivery of projects, potentially working cross several key clients in the UK and, if required, support overseas engagements;
- Identifying and referring opportunities on projects through industry news awareness, networking and initiative;
- Contributing to proposal development;
- Identifying your own practice-related areas of interest/expertise;
- Supporting colleagues with logging opportunities and contacts;
- Developing an understanding of what the business does, the clients in your sector and the services your practice offers;
- Supporting the development of Sia Partners 'assets' and IP including methodology, tools, templates, guidelines and lead initiatives to continuously improve and integrate them with other Sia Partners assets across the Practice;
- Supporting the development of blogs and articles;
- Supporting the recruitment process and taking an active part in the Intern and Graduate schemes.
You can expect…
- A diverse and supportive atmosphere, where innovation and initiative are encouraged;
- Opportunities to flex your intellectual and creative muscles;
- Welcoming, friendly and professional colleagues;
- A personal development plan with clear goals for advancement;
- A meritocratic approach to promotion that rewards those who exceed expectations;
- A competitive salary, in line with the market and your peers.
- A performance-related bonus;
- Health, life, dental and travel insurance;
- An employer-matched contribution pension scheme;
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity policies;
- 25 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- 1-2 years Management Consulting experience or other relevant experience in the Water sector e.g. utilities regulator, water company or infrastructure fund;
- Strong interest in the water sector;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Excellent analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- The ability to adapt rapidly, and work on a range of different business areas within a challenging environment and keeping to tight deadlines;
- Project experience in one or more of the following areas: strategy design, regulatory analysis, operational improvement and/or project management;
- A demonstrable understanding of the water sector value chain;
- Examples of utilising and visualising quantitative analysis to generate actionable insight.
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree (2:1) or international equivalent in a relevant subject. Engineering, Economics or Business preferred.