Intern Data Science Consultant
- Amstelplein 1, 1096 HA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sia Partners is an independent management & operational strategy consulting company. Through unparalleled industry expertise, Sia Partners delivers superior value and tangible results to its clients. Sia Partners has now more than 1400 consultants and projected revenues of 250 million euros. The Group has an international presence with 20 offices, the United States representing its second largest market with almost 10% of the revenue.
We are looking for interns to join our Amsterdam Data Science Center of Excellence.
As an intern data scientist you will be working side-by-side with different consulting practices to support our missions for our clients on topics including:
- Machine Learning Methods: development of predictive models for decision support (supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms, econometrics, forecasting, quantitative diagnosis, etc.)
- Operations Research Methods: assistance in the design and implementation of constrained optimization solutions and simulation models.
- Big Data Processing Methods: high performance large data processing of structured and unstructured datasets in our kubernetes cluster or on a custom serverless architecture.
As an intern, you are asked to actively participate in the following activities:
- Engage in trainings, participate in working groups, help to organize internal and external events.
- Co-author blog articles or video blogs on data science topics.
You are finishing a master (MSc.) level education in any major quantitative field, such as Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Bio-Technology, Artificial Intelligence.
You are interested in algorithms, statistics, optimization and other problems in which you are required to deeply understand and apply complex logical structures to solve demanding problems quickly and accurately.
You have skills in an analytical languages, such as R, Matlab, Julia, Python or have worked with compiled languages, such as C++, Java or C#.
You want to get involved in different topics and quickly be part of an dynamic environment with smart people that all like to make you grow.
You are available for multiple interviews in Amsterdam and you master the English language both verbally and in writing. We appreciate if you also speak Dutch, German or French as a first or second language.
For more information on our Data Science Practice, visit our showroom:
What we offer
- A steep learning curve with exposure to complex projects, methods and clients.
- Competitive intern compensation during your internship period.
- Training opportunities to develop yourself as a consultant and as a data scientist.
- Be part of a fast-growing international company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a flat structure.
- Ability to work on international assignments.
- Working from our inspiring office in the Rembrandttower in Amsterdam.