Senior Consultant - Loan IQ
- 40 Rector Street, New York, NY, United States
Sia Partners is a leading global strategic and operational management consultancy and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0 with over 1,800+ consultants spread out across 27 offices globally. Sia Partners operates within twelve industry sectors, including: Banking, Insurance, Energy, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications & Media, among others. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome disruption through AI and invest deeper into our Data Science field and automation capabilities. Sia Partners US is the coordinating entity for the Americas engaged primarily by major Banking, Technology and Energy clients operating in New York, Charlotte, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Baltimore and Toronto and Montreal, Canada.
Sia Partners champions high-quality customized client service through its experienced consultants and subject matter experts playing hands-on roles. Our range of services in North America includes project management and business analysis specializing in long-term Strategic and short-term Tactical Advisory Services, Automation through RPA & AI, Regulatory & Compliance, Energy, Finance, Accounting, Operational & Market Risk Management and Governance & Control Environments.
This individual will be a Senior Consultant with Sia Partners Loans team. The individual will be the Finastra Loan IQ Subject Matter Expert and serve as a primary point of contact between clients including; Corporate Banking and the Bank technology team. This Senior Consultant will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the implementation of required technology solutions within the Bank to support the Commercial/Corporate/Wholesale Lending Teams.
The Senior Consultant will need to analyze the impact of proposed solutions, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Act as a liaison between IT and Corporate Banking Business and Operations units; and work with the Business stakeholders to analyze and write business requirements; conduct requirement gathering sessions and reviews.
- Navigate through Loan IQ user interface and perform Loan IQ application support and table maintenance.
- Define SQL queries to retrieve data from Loan IQ database for reporting.
- Define usage of Loan IQ XML/FpML API interfaces to persist data to Loan IQ.
- Translates technical concepts to business audience and business information to a technical audience.
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business and develop use cases to demonstrate the business requirements to the IT Team.
- Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g., business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data, security) capabilities. Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources (including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes recommendations.
- Participates in developing estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions.
- Assist with planning of delivery timelines, inclusive of testing cycles and resource availability.
- Partners with team members to develop project schedules, reports and documentation. May be required to act as project lead on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on the team.
- Serves as SME for process improvements, product implementation, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides support for application development teams including documenting business processes, workflows, system diagrams etc.
- Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the business function being performed.
- Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize requirements into prototype.
- Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue tracking, Agile/SDLC and change management.
- Understanding of the Loan life cycle and the end to end (front to back loan process).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a top University. Higher level of education preferred.
- 3 - 6 Extensive hands-on experience with Loan IQ data model, data flows and related SQL queries.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Loan IQ XML/FpML API interfaces.
- Experience with Loan IQ application support and table maintenance
- Extensive knowledge of Loan IQ business flows and user interfaces.
- Banking systems knowledge is required; knowledge of the principles of corporate lending including C&I and CRE loans, syndicated lending, deal administration and basics of corporate loan accounting are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft and/or Oracle SQL queries required.
- Experience with test strategy and planning preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Please no calls, emails or additional contact for inquiry. Our HR team will be in contact with you if we need additional information or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you.