Life Actuarial Analyst or Manager - Management Consulting Insurance Practice
- 40 Rector St, New York, NY 10006, USA
Sia Partners is a leading global strategic and operational management consultancy and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0 with over 1,500 consultants spread out across 23 offices globally. Sia Partners operates within twelve industry sectors, including: Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications & Media, among others. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome disruption through AI and invest deeper into our Data Science field and automation capabilities. Sia Partners US is the coordinating entity for the Americas engaged primarily by major Financial Services, Technology and Energy clients operating in New York, Charlotte, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Houston, Seattle, Baltimore, Toronto and Montreal, Canada.
Sia Partners champions high-quality customized client service through its experienced consultants and subject matter experts playing hands-on roles. Our range of services in North America includes project management and business analysis specializing in long-term Strategic and short-term Tactical Advisory Services, Automation through RPA & AI, Regulatory & Compliance, Energy, Finance, Accounting, Operational & Market Risk Management and Governance & Control Environments.
Overview of position: Sia Partners is searching for Life Actuarial Analysts and Managers to deliver consulting services to our insurance clients. You will be part of our insurance practice and will be in charge of providing actuarial-related services related to pricing, finance, risk or ALM activities.
To answer client needs, the range of ideal capabilities include:
- A clear understanding of actuarial models for pricing, reserving and capital requirements estimates, in accordance with Statutory and US GAAP Accounting frameworks.
- An ability to provide analytical and technical support to meet strategic pricing, finance, risks and ALM objectives.
- Some good knowledge of actuarial software like Moody’s Analytics AXIS to analyze dynamic financial projections of asset and liability cash flows.
- An ability to perform special projects and other ad-hoc analysis to help senior leaders make decisions on a variety of business initiatives and to help inform corporate strategy.
- An ability to collaborate with stakeholders and work on strategic projects across pricing, finance, risk and ALM departments.
- The position is based in Sia Partners’ New York office with work at both our office and client offices. Expected travel 30-50% on average.
Personal performance attributes and credentials include:
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or related field.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or similar designation, or an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA); additional professional qualification is a plus (e.g., FRM, CFA).
- Experience in Life product development or financial reporting, with knowledge of product characteristics, designs, and risks.
- Experience in Moody’s Analytics AXIS and knowledge of IFRS 17 standard is a strong plus, as well as experience with cash flow modelling, MCEV.
- Actuarial and financial items such as reserves, assets and capital requirements.
- VBA coding skills to automate calculations and processes.
- Strong knowledge about financial and pricing models, and assets and liabilities to perform audits and analysis of financial results.
- Significant technical experience and expertise with US valuation systems.
- Good communication skills to interact with business leaders and technology teams to understand calculations and confirm proper implementation.
- Sound knowledge of insurance life and retirement products as well as pricing, finance, risk and ALM activities.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong process and organizational skills.
Please no calls, emails or additional contact for inquiry. Our HR team will be in contact with you if we need additional information or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.