Manager - Murex
- IL-43, Chicago, IL, USA
Sia Partners is a leading global strategic and operational management consultancy and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0 with over 1,400 + consultants spread out across 25 offices globally. Sia Partners operates within twelve industry sectors, including: Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications & Media, among others. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome disruption through AI and invest deeper into our Data Science field and automation capabilities. Sia Partners US is the coordinating entity for the Americas engaged primarily by major Financial Services, Technology and Energy clients operating in New York, Charlotte, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Baltimore and Toronto and Montreal, Canada.
Sia Partners champions high-quality customized client service through its experienced consultants and subject matter experts playing hands-on roles. Our range of services in North America includes project management and business analysis specializing in long-term Strategic and short-term Tactical Advisory Services, Automation through RPA & AI, Regulatory & Compliance, Energy, Finance, Accounting, Operational & Market Risk Management and Governance & Control Environments.
Gartland and Mellina Group, a Sia Partners company, is looking for management consultants in the Chicago area with Capital Markets Project Delivery or Consulting experience.
Your role will be to lead, manage, and deliver business-critical change initiatives with clients. Candidates must be capable of exceptional client delivery, have the desire to lead, and have passion for the growth of our firm.
Successful recruits are smart, humble, and driven. They know how to adapt their knowledge, approach and experience to any situation. They have the agility to work with a variety of clients, types of engagements, and work situations. They always work to exceed expectations, and they have a fervent desire to keep learning and growing.
Overview of the position:
- Utilize Project Management and/or Consulting methodologies for a variety of financial services engagements
- Take on challenging consulting roles providing exceptional client delivery
- Actively participate as leader in the firm
- Contribute to internal areas such as business development, people development, recruiting, marketing, and more
- Engage in activities dedicated to supporting our culture
Travel: Clients are mostly based in Chicago, however, travel for client outside the area may be required.
- 7+ years of industry project management or consulting experience is required
- Financial Services experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Capital Markets project delivery or consulting experience in either front, middle or back office is required
- FX experience is highly preferred
- Experience with Murex or Broadridge FX solutions is highly preferred
- PMP certification is desired
- Experience with Visio, MSProject, MSPowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel is required
A successful candidate for this position will demonstrate the following attributes and skill:
- Ability and desire to extend their skills and experience beyond Capital Markets into other areas of Financial services such as Commercial banking, Retail Banking, Asset Management and Wealth Management
- Desire to lead, promote growth, and develop others
- Motivated by an entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable with ambiguity
- Confident, self-aware team player open to receiving and providing effective feedback
- Able to influence others without having to invoke direct authority
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills and strong work ethic
- Competent in group facilitation
- Familiar with methods and tools for project planning and execution
- Able to develop and evaluate methods to track and report metrics
- Works effectively across disciplines and organizational boundaries to prioritize tasks and gain timely closure on decisions
- Able to develop systems to monitor risks and issues
- Anticipates changing conditions and takes appropriate preventative action
- Proactively inspires others to take action on issues that could inhibit project succes
Qualifying Questions - (Please Answer the Following Questions on Your Cover Letter)
- Have you ever worked in Management Consulting?
- What are your expectations for compensation?
- Would you now or in the future require sponsorship?
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.