Insurance Finance and Accounting Consultant, Senior Consultant or Manager
- 40 Rector St, New York, NY 10006, USA
Sia Partners is a leading global strategic and operational management consultancy and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0 with over 1,400 + consultants spread out across 25 offices globally. Sia Partners operates within twelve industry sectors, including: Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications & Media, among others. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome disruption through AI and invest deeper into our Data Science field and automation capabilities. Sia Partners US is the coordinating entity for the Americas engaged primarily by major Financial Services, Technology and Energy clients operating in New York, Charlotte, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Baltimore and Toronto and Montreal, Canada.
Sia Partners champions high-quality customized client service through its experienced consultants and subject matter experts playing hands-on roles. Our range of services in North America includes project management and business analysis specializing in long-term Strategic and short-term Tactical Advisory Services, Automation through RPA & AI, Regulatory & Compliance, Energy, Finance, Accounting, Operational & Market Risk Management and Governance & Control Environments.
Overview of position: Sia Partners is searching for consultants specialized in accounting and finance to deliver advisory services to our insurance clients. You will be part of our insurance practice and will be in charge to help our clients review, control and transform finance functions.
The range of attributes related to finance and accounting ideally include:
- Knowledgeable about Statutory and US GAAP accounting and finance principles
- Experience working with accounting and financial reporting systems
- Familiar with insurance activities, processes, and products
- Has analyzed processes and the flow of transactions and ultimate capture in general ledgers and ultimately financial statements
- A clear understanding of the key roles of a typical Finance function including general accounting, balance sheet analysis, financial statements consolidation, reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
- An understanding of controls related to preparing financial statements
- Has knowledge of assets and liabilities valuation practices
- Has understanding of financial planning and analysis processes
- Recognizes ways to enhance Finance systems and processes
- Able to write comprehensive Finance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting
- Familiar with Finance function process re-engineering techniques
The position is based in Sia Partners’ New York office with work at both our office and client offices. Expected travel 40-50% on average.
Personal performance attributes and credentials include:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5 years’ experience, ideally in public accounting with financial services focus, and / or experience working in accounting / finance for a financial services entity
- An impressive level of ambition and drive – you will play a key role in further developing Sia Partners insurance practice in New York
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to clients (whether internal or external)
- Experience in Prophet and knowledge of IFRS 17 standards is a strong plus, as well as experience with cash flow modelling, MCEV, etc.
- Assumes full responsibility for tasks and project work
Please no calls, emails or additional contact for inquiry. Our HR team will be in contact with you if we need additional information or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.