AML/KYC Consultant in Management Consulting
- 40 Rector St, New York, NY 10006, USA
Sia Partners is a leading global strategic and operational management consultancy and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0 with over 1,400 + consultants spread out across 25 offices globally. Sia Partners operates within twelve industry sectors, including: Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications & Media, among others. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome disruption through AI and invest deeper into our Data Science field and automation capabilities. Sia Partners US is the coordinating entity for the Americas engaged primarily by major Financial Services, Technology and Energy clients operating in New York, Charlotte, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Baltimore and Toronto and Montreal, Canada.
Sia Partners champions high-quality customized client service through its experienced consultants and subject matter experts playing hands-on roles. Our range of services in North America includes project management and business analysis specializing in long-term Strategic and short-term Tactical Advisory Services, Automation through RPA & AI, Regulatory & Compliance, Energy, Finance, Accounting, Operational & Market Risk Management and Governance & Control Environments.
Sia Partners NYC is searching for an individual that has 2-4 years of Management Consulting or industry experience within AML/KYC in Financial Services.
- This individual must be sharp, driven and have strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- If you are a self-starter, driven and equipped with entrepreneurial fiber, you are ready to take the challenge in a fast growing worldwide company.
- As part of the internal activities development, you will be involved in the following:
- Development and improvement of our offers via training sessions and workshops.
- Strong participation in industry Working Groups and creating marketing material (blog, whitepapers…).
- Possess business development and relationship management skills.
About the Position:
- This individual will face off with our Financial Service client(s) and be an advisor to the lines of business regarding AML/ KYC.
- At our Financial Service client (s) the Consultant will liaise with multiple business line management teams to provide recommendations to develop AML/KYC processes that follow the rules, regulations and sanctions in regards to; customer on-boarding, transformation, risk and controls, remediation and customer refresh.
- Execute and maintain AML/KYC controls, participating in sanctions risk control.
- Review and approve high risk customers.
- Oversee the completion of Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and specialized Due Diligence for highest risk customers.
- Process EDD exception requests from the line of business to ensure they are properly approved and tracked.
- Ensure changes are integrated into enterprise-wide country risk program.
- Maintain and continually ensure that the PEP and Sanctions lists are up to date.
- Review potential sanction hits and escalate confirmed hits.
- Assist in the self-assessment and remediation of AML/ KYC controls.
- Coordinate execution of the AML/ KYC Enterprise Risk Assessment for each line of business.
- Develop and overseeing AML/ KYC remediation plans.
- Verify correction of identified control weaknesses.
- Work with management to respond to issues raised by AML/ KYC audits and examinations.
- Identify AML/ KYC training needs in the line of business, and assist with developing the presentations for the training.
- Develop and report AML/ KYC metrics and prepare management reports for the Business Risk team.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree required from top university/college
- Strong academic background (e.g. Business, Economics, Literature, Political Science, Engineering).
- 2-6 years in AML/ KYC management consulting or financial services. Hiring at multiple junior levels, title is based on experience.
- CAMS certified is a plus
- Outstanding team player, autonomous, dynamic, result oriented, rigorous and committee.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and able to communicate complex ideas to all areas of the business.
- Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment and prioritize work.
- Level is determined by experience.
Please no calls, emails or additional contact for inquiry. Our HR team will be in contact with you if we have any additional questions or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.