US Sanctions OFAC Consultant - Contract Role
- 40 Rector St, New York, NY 10006, USA
Sia Partners is a leading global strategic and operational management consultancy and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0 with over 1,300 consultants spread out across 23 offices globally. Sia Partners operates within twelve industry sectors, including: Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications & Media, among others. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome disruption through AI and invest deeper into our Data Science field and automation capabilities. Sia Partners US is the coordinating entity for the Americas engaged primarily by major Financial Services, Technology and Energy clients operating in New York, Charlotte, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Houston, Seattle, Baltimore, Toronto and Montreal, Canada.
Sia Partners champions high-quality customized client service through its experienced consultants and subject matter experts playing hands-on roles. Our range of services in North America includes project management and business analysis specializing in long-term Strategic and short-term Tactical Advisory Services, Automation through RPA & AI, Regulatory & Compliance, Energy, Finance, Accounting, Operational & Market Risk Management and Governance & Control Environments.
Currently searching for a passionate professional to join our team as an OFAC investigations Consultant.
This person will assist our client on the OFAC US Sanctions Compliance Team. This individual will be conducting sanctions related reviews as it relates to payments and also exposure to sanctioned parties/jurisdictions.
This OFAC Consultant will be responsible for reviewing all the live payments, transaction monitoring escalations, and customer screen alerts reviewed by the investigators as the second set of eye in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures related to US OFAC Sanctions and any other relevant sanctions program or regime as determined by the bank and the NY Agency. Furthermore, assist the Deputy OFAC Compliance Officer to improve the policies and procedures for NY Agency sanctions program.
- This individual will be conducting sanctions related reviews as it relates to payments and also exposure to sanctioned parties/jurisdictions.
- Perform quality control review on all live transactions and customer screening cases reviewed by the OFAC Investigators. Guide the investigators with investigation techniques and answer questions during their review process.
- Ensure KPI Tracking and Reporting is completed timely and accurately through quality control.
- Conduct quality control review on the OFAC block and rejected reports prepared by the investigators.
- Ensure full adherence to local procedures and operating manuals.
- Assist with deep-dive investigation for VSDs, related look backs and VSDs,
- Assist with periodic review and updating of the policies, procedures and operating manuals.
- Assist during regulatory exams and internal audits by supplying information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes, industry best practices, and recommended changes to enhance procedures.
- Develop positive and professional working relationship with other teams locally and in the head office.
- Perform ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Project Duration: We do not know the duration of the project at this time, the engagement will be on a month to month basis.
Location: NYC Financial District (no relocation)
Please no calls, emails or additional contact for inquiry. Our HR team will be in contact with you if we need additional information or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law