Senior Manager - Commercial & Investment Banking
- London, UK
Sia Partners is a specialist management consulting firm which was initially established in Paris, France in 1999 and has grown into a global firm with approximately 1,200 employees and annual revenue exceeding $200m. Our culture is strongly orientated towards high-quality expertise and delivering excellent results and outcomes for our clients.
We are continuing to expand our consulting business in the UK and are looking for talented people who are committed to building relationships and delivering results. With our consultants representing 41 different nationalities, we are a highly diverse team spread across 20 offices. However, using innovative technologies such as our own in-house apps, social networks, and digital tools, we provide a truly integrated global service.
- You have had a distinguished career at a leading management consulting firm
- You will have successfully led business transformation programmes at bulge-bracket Financial Services organizations, comprising multiple projects and work-streams.
- You would have had extensive interaction with C-suite client executives and have deep experience of managing multiple stakeholders.
- You are able to quickly build trust within the client organization and form deep networks that you can draw upon to resolve issues or as references.
- You are able to distil (sometimes vague) high-level business requirements into project imperatives/deliverables and formulate a plan for achieving these objectives in a timely manner and within constraints. You are able to then effectively communicate your approach to stakeholders and obtain buy-in.
- Your programmes have consistently come in on time and within budget, and the quality of all deliverables produced have exceeded client expectations.
- You are consistently able to spot potential issues well ahead of time and can direct project managers to resolve these to minimize impact.
- You have had budgetary responsibilities and have experience in managing large programme budgets.
- You are very comfortable in ambiguous environments and have demonstrated the ability to work with no supervision.
- You are accustomed to delivering unrivalled standards of excellence for clients, using proven methodologies that ensure the successful implementation of your client projects.
- You have proven ability in account and business development - this must have included prior experience of growing a client account via follow-on and new opportunities
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you are the face of Sia Partners for all delivery purposes. Your primary role will be managing client and Sia Partners stakeholders. Typically, this means managing expectations and ensuring that they are consistently exceeded. You are ultimately responsible for the quality of all deliverables on your programmes.
You will likely be responsible for a number of projects, or a large programme with multiple work streams, that deliver significant value to the client and Sia Partners. Each project/work-stream will be led by a manager or consultant, and you need to enable them to complete their deliverables.
We specialize in solving difficult problems that clients are unable to resolve themselves, so the degree of scrutiny will be high – it is your job to ensure that we pass with flying colours. Successful completion of projects often leads to follow-on work, so it is expected that you will identify opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell Sia Partners offerings. If such opportunities arise, you will play a significant role in scoping the opportunity, identifying/proposing an appropriate solution and helping Sia Partners sell the project.
You will report to senior management within Sia Partners and assume line management responsibility for a number of our existing consultants at Manager and Consultant level. It will be your responsibility to mentor our consultants and ensure they are groomed into Senior Managers of the future.
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for:
- Managing relationships with client stakeholders and developing a trusted network within the client.
- Leading teams of managers/consultants engaged in project delivery by continuously monitoring all projects under your purview to ensure they are running to plan.
- Conducting periodic project reviews, both internal and jointly with the client, and representing Sia Partners at steering boards and senior level governance committees.
- Assisting delivery Managers by providing appropriate visibility at senior levels and helping resolve difficult issues.
- Monitoring dependencies between projects and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Directing the delivery team to provide an exceptional level of service.
- Spotting opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell Sia Partners services and help sell such projects.
- Mentoring and training our Managers and Consultants.
- Contributing to the development of Sia Partners Brand in the UK banking industry (publication of articles, blogs, networking, etc.)
- Minimum of 10 years experience of Management Consulting (Top 10 firms preferred).
- Excellent experience of the Financial Services industry (HSBC or Tier 1 US bank strongly preferred).
- Successful delivery of at least 2 large programmes (project budget in excess of £2million and/or team size of 50+). Appropriate references may be required.
- Proven ability in account and business development - this must have included prior experience of growing a client account via follow-on and new opportunities, building offerings and proposals.
- Full programme/project delivery experience and a strong Process Excellence skill-set (both preferred).
- Excellent stakeholder/client relationship skills and network at HSBC or Tier 1 US bank
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills with significant experience of gaining client buy-in.
- Excellent time management & organisational skills.
Appropriate professional qualifications and accreditations (e.g. APM, CMC, PMP, PMI, MSP, PRINCE2, Lean, Six Sigma, TQM etc.)
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, life assurance, private healthcare and other benefits that can be discussed at the latter interview stages.