Senior Consultant in Banking/Capital Markets/CIB
- London, United Kingdom
Sia Partners is a specialist management consulting firm which was initially established in Paris, France in 1999 and has grown into a global firm with approximately 900 employees and revenue exceeding $125m. Our culture is strongly orientated towards high quality expertise and delivering excellent results and outcomes for our clients which include a wide range of multinational companies. Testament to the success, Sia Partners has been ranked by Vault in the 2016 top 25 Consulting Europe list.
In the CIB sector, we have a global reach with integrated teams based in London, Paris, New York, Montreal, Dubai, Hong-Kong, Tokyo and Singapore. The specialist services we offer include Risk Management, Regulation, Change Management, Operational Risk and Strategy.
We are continuing the expansion of our consulting business in the UK and are looking for talented and self-motivated people who are committed to building relationships and delivering results. We are interested in recruiting university educated people with strong academic results. You must have strong quantitative skills and the ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and succinctly. Relevant work experience would also be highly desirable.
To succeed in this role you will need to be self-motivated with a degree of entrepreneurial flair. Most of our new interns are proposed jobs and remain with our company on a long term basis. We provide a strong development programme of training, performance assessment and career advancement.
As a Senior Consultant, you will assume responsibility for, although not limited to, the following activities:
• Delivery of project work across a range of clients based either at Sia Partners’ offices or at client site
• Act as lead project manager or take responsibility for one or more workstreams in a more complex project when on client site, supervising consultants and client resources
• Contribute actively to the design and writing of business proposals and other client materials
• Actively develop client contacts either whilst at a client site or through personal network
• Contribute to the development of Sia Partners intellectual property through the publication of articles externally and on the Sia Partners blog
• Participate in the growth of the practice through the consultant interview and hiring process
• Interact with other industry teams within Sia Partners to share information
• Demonstrate a command of the business issues facing the banking sector
As part of a diverse and motivated team, you will be involved in a range of projects with our clients, covering topics such as:
· Regulatory transformation: analysis of the impacts of regulation, organisation & processes compliance on Investment banks and capital markets
· Business strategy definition & implementation: elaboration of business plan, digital strategy, market studies, financial modelling, benchmarks, data analysis
· Business improvement: business processes study, mapping & reengineering, performance management design & implementation, benchmarks & analysis
· Project management: management of business projects with both internal stakeholders and third parties
· 4-6 years management consulting or project management in the banking industry
· Strong academic background (e.g. Business, Mathematics, Economics)
· Proven experience on risk management or regulations in capital markets & investment banking (Mifid 2, MAD/MAR, EMIR, BCBS 239, etc.)
· Experience leading small teams, managing functions or workstreams within a programme
· Ability to adapt rapidly and work on a range of different business areas within a challenging environment and tight deadlines
Additional requirements -
• Only applications from candidates who meet the requirements for the advertised role and with current authorisation to work permanently in the United Kingdom will be considered so please bear this in mind before applying.