Intern in Banking/Capital Markets/CIB
- London, United Kingdom
Sia Partners is a specialist management consulting firm which was initially established in Paris, France in 1999 and has grown into a global firm with approximately 700 employees and revenue exceeding $125m. Our culture is strongly orientated towards high quality expertise and delivering excellent results and outcomes for our clients which include a wide range of multinational companies. Testament to the success, Sia Partners has been ranked by Vault in the 2016 top 25 Consulting Europe list.
In the CIB sector, we have a global reach with integrated teams based in London, Paris, New York, Montreal, Dubai, Hong-Kong, Tokyo and Singapore. The specialist services we offer include Risk Management, Regulation, Change Management, Operational Risk and Strategy.
We are continuing the expansion of our consulting business in the UK and are looking for talented and self-motivated people who are committed to building relationships and delivering results. We are interested in hiring interns and recruiting university educated people with strong academic results. You must have strong quantitative skills and the ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and succinctly. Relevant work experience would also be highly desirable.
To succeed in this role you will need to be self-motivated with a degree of entrepreneurial flair. Most of our new interns are proposed jobs and remain with our company on a long term basis. We provide a strong development programme of training, performance assessment and career advancement.
As an intern, you will assume responsibility for the following activities:
• Assist consultants for the delivery of project work across a range of clients based mainly at Sia Partners’ offices and sometimes at client site. This includes
• Contribute to the development of Sia Partners intellectual property through the publication of articles on the Sia Partners blog and offers. Possible topics are Data management for banks (big data, data quality, metadata tools etc.), regulations, digital strategy for banks...
• Help the commercial activity: draft business proposals and other client materials, run Market research, help identifying and bringing forward potential commercial opportunities
• Is aware of the key issues, challenges and current affairs within the banking sector
• Undertake training
As part of a diverse and motivated team, you will be involved in a range of projects with our clients, covering topics such as:
· Business strategy definition & implementation: elaboration of business plan, digital strategy, market studies, financial modelling, benchmarks, data analysis
· Business improvement: business processes study, mapping & reengineering, performance management design & implementation, benchmarks & analysis
· Regulatory transformation: analysis of the impacts of regulation, organisation & processes compliance
· Marketing and client relationship: market research, customer segmentation, Implementation of offers and services, CRM, digital
· Project management: management of business projects with both internal stakeholders and third parties
· Strong academic background (e.g. Business, Mathematics, Economics)
· Strong interest in the Banking sector
· Fluent in English and in French (written and oral)
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
· Ability to adapt rapidly, and work on a range of different business areas within a challenging environment and tight deadlines
- We will only be considering applications from those who are in their final year of studies.
- Only applications from candidates who meet the requirements for the advertised role and with current authorisation to work permanently in the United Kingdom will be considered so please bear this in mind before applying.