Associate Product Manager
- 3131 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
At Shyft, we are changing the future for shift workers around the globe. We are a product-centered company that helps teams manage shifts, share schedules and communicate with each other all in one beautiful and easy to use app. Teams across all industries depend on Shyft every day to help make their work lives simpler, more productive and more flexible. As this young industry has grown, this has transformed into a huge responsibility and we don't take it lightly.
Our team is a group of passionate creators, innovators, builders, and leaders. We take pride in the work that we do, and share in each other's successes - that means that we make it a point of emphasis to trust and empower our colleagues to reach their goals, both professionally and personally. Our loft-style office offers an open and collaborative workspace that perfectly complements our culture, and is centrally located in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle just one block away from the water. We offer competitive benefits and perks to all employees who decide to join us on our journey to change the future of shift workers.
We are looking for a junior-level product/project manager to support our product management team by translating high-level roadmap items to actionable requirements, user stories, and project plans. As our new team member, you will collaborate with our engineering, QA, design, and customer support teams to clear obstacles, check progress, and ensure deadlines. You should feel confident in your ability to represent both your customer’s and business stakeholders’ interests and needs succinctly. Ideally, you should be solutions-oriented, able to identify and mitigate risks, recognize dependencies and solve problems. You will be managing internal products and projects yourself and help to manage our customer-facing products and projects.
- Manage product-centric projects: Create project plans, track progress, enforce timeline and provide regular status updates to all relevant parties.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to align project goals and resolve issues.
- Create Epics, Themes and User Stories in Jira and manage the execution.
- Work with developers to define solutions using agile process.
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve communication issues and prioritize tasks.
- Participate in road map building.
- Manage internal products like our Content Management System - gather requirements, prioritize, and build new features.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in Product Management, Business Analysis or Project Management
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Sufficient understanding of mobile and web technology
- Effective time management skills and incredible attention to detail
- Highly analytical, logical, great problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types and interact professionally with all levels of staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Scrum Master or Product Owner Certification is a plus
- Software product and/or web service development experience is a plus
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Shyft's values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines