Frontend Software Engineer
- 3131 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Shyft Technologies Inc. is changing the way teams work. We are a mobile first technology company that helps teams manage shifts, share schedules and communicate with each other all in one app. Shyft is built to help make lives easier for the 250 million shift workers world wide who don’t sit at a desk, and it all starts with us here. Our loft style office is centrally located in the lower queen anne neighborhood just one block away from the water, close to great food and great Seattle views. We are growing quickly, building a dynamic team of innovators, entrepreneurs and creatives who see work differently, and want to help teams globally see work differently too.
At Shyft, we value agile development with a mind on the future. As we're building out our codebase, we're at a critical juncture in our company where we need to consider fast feature development along with sustainability, flexibility and durability.
We are a small company growing at a very fast pace, so your code will shape our product and you will make a significant impact.
We are looking for a motivated front-end engineer that can spearhead new features and help build out the foundation of our front-end codebase. You will have a lot of say in the technologies we use for new features and projects, along with shaping and cultivating a culture of collaboration all while contributing quality code that we can constantly improve on.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Working with the back-end to create API specifications, with continual communication between both teams
- Keeping communication channels open across company departments
- 3+ years of front-end software development experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing languages, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of ReactJS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and partial page updates
- Good understanding of testing frameworks and Test-Driven Development
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools to be able to create pixel perfect products
- An understanding of static website deployment and workflow
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility
- Proficient understanding of Git and the workflow that surrounds it
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.