Backend Software Engineer
- 3131 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Shyft Technologies Inc. is changing the way teams work. We are a mobile first technology company that helps teams manage shifts, share schedules and communicate with each other all in one app. Shyft is built to help make lives easier for the 250 million shift workers world wide who don’t sit at a desk, and it all starts with us here. Our loft style office is centrally located in the lower queen anne neighborhood just one block away from the water, close to great food and great Seattle views. We are growing quickly, building a dynamic team of innovators, entrepreneurs and creatives who see work differently, and want to help teams globally see work differently too.
At Shyft, we value agile development with a mind on the future. As we're building out our codebase, we're at a critical juncture in our company where we need to consider fast feature development along with sustainability, flexibility and durability.
We are a small company growing at a very fast pace, so your code will shape our product and you will make a significant impact.
We are looking for a motivated back-end engineer to help build the backbone of our entire system. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Ability to take product requirements and create APIs for use by the front-end
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficient knowledge of back-end framework Ruby on Rails
- Proficient knowledge of PostgreSQL database and SQL
- Proficient knowledge of RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience in data migration, transformation, and maintenance
- Experience in the setup and administration of backup systems
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and unit testing
- Knowledge in hosting environment management, including database administration and application scaling to support load changes
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding of user authentication and authorization among multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Ability to integration multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.