- 3131 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Shyft Technologies Inc. is changing the way teams work. We are a mobile first technology company that helps teams manage shifts, share schedules and communicate with each other all in one app. Shyft is built to help make lives easier for the 250 million shift workers world wide who don’t sit at a desk, and it all starts with us here. Our loft style office is centrally located in the lower queen anne neighborhood just one block away from the water, close to great food and great Seattle views. We are growing quickly, building a dynamic team of innovators, entrepreneurs and creatives who see work differently, and want to help teams globally see work differently too.
We are looking for a motivated software development engineer in test to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. Responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
This is a critical role that plays an important part in the overall success of all Shyft product lines. The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client requirements, while being cost-effective. If you have a computer science/engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
We are a small company growing at a very fast pace, so your code will shape our product and you will make a significant impact. Ultimately, you would monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 3+ years of software development experience in automated and regression testing
- Proficient knowledge of back-end framework Ruby on Rails
- Basic knowledge of Android and iOS development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software Testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.