Senior Back End NodeJS Solutions Developer
- 130 Queens Quay E, Toronto, ON M5A 3Y5, Canada
Shore is Canada’s premier public sector innovation firm. Exclusively public sector focused, we are committed to improving the government delivery of services since we started in 1996. We draw insights into the strategic and technology challenges that government services face to provide answers on user experience, digital initiatives, strategic alignment, transformation support, and service design.
The Back-End Node.js Developer would join our core team of developers and contribute to the design and development of internal and client-facing applications
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent related experience.
• 7-10 years back-end web programming or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extended experience working with Node js.
- Experience working with API's
- Experiencr with Node js server side development
- Need to have good communication skills
- Familiarity with database data modeling and/or data migrations
- Experience with SQL and developing APIs and microservices
- Experience with MongoDB / other NoSQL DB
- Experience with Express, webpack and other newer tools
- Quality focused; Familiar with Agile and SDLC methodologies
- Experience in a team lead role desired
- Interaction with clients as part of the development team where necessary
What you can expect from us:
- Flexible work environment (i.e. flex hours)
- Semi-frequent “do what you want” Fridays, where you can initiate or work on other Shore projects of your choice.
- We provide a competitive salary and full benefits.
Shore’s working environment is flexible, collaborative, and down to earth. We work hard and deliver exceptional quality, but don’t take ourselves too seriously in doing so.