React Native Developer
- Road-06, Dhaka 1230, Bangladesh
ShopUp is the leading social commerce platform that helps micro-entrepreneurs in Bangladesh to set up storefront, source products, access working capital and grow their business by automating many sales and operational processes. ShopUp currently has over 1 Lakh micro and small businesses on the platform. ShopUp is funded by marquee investors like Sequoia, Flourish and Gates Foundation.
ShopUp, which was set up in 2016 by Afeef and Ataur also counts Sujayath/Navaneeth as cofounders, who previously started and exited Voonik.com.
ShopUp provides a range of sales and trade management tools to entrepreneurs, including product sourcing, order management, digital payment acceptance and a catalogue, cart and checkout system they use either on their Facebook page or through Messenger. ShopUp also provides worldwide shipping solutions through local and global logistics partners, and access to working capital through partnerships with SMB financial institutions and BRAC, one of the largest microfinance institutions in the world. ShopUp uses a proprietary algorithm that analyzes over 2,000 data features to assess a merchant’s capital requirements and repayment capacity, then refers them to partner institutions for loans. By automating the credit assessment and management process, ShopUp has improved merchant’s access to capital and the speed of loan disbursement, while cutting the cost of lending borne by partner financial institutions by over 70%.
- Own the coding/design of a UI sub-module
- Review the requirements and provide simple, workable solutions
- Design and document the sub-module working with the tech-lead
- Implement the critical parts of the module
- Ensure coding standards, proper design patterns, writing test cases and project management processes are followed
- Mentor the junior programmers
- Peer and junior programmers code review
- Work independently and proactively to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
- Excellent in Problem solving
Jobs Skills required
- Must have built at least two Android and/or iOS apps with React Native
- Have published one or more mobile apps in Google Play or Apple Store with React Native
- Implement pixel perfect UIs that match designs
- Integrate APIs to make the flow functional, add third party libraries if requirement demands
- Work with Native modules when required to be integrated into
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Solid understanding of State management tools like redux
- Be proficient in using version control and continuous integration
- Deep understanding of how to optimize React Native apps including offline storage, threading, and performance tuning + understanding of background services like location tracking etc.
- Ability to work in a team structure and deliver projects on time
- Knowledge of OTA libraries like codepush
- Previous experience deploying builds with Expo
- Experience with ReactJS for frontend web development and nextjs
What to expect from our recruiting process
- Coding exercise: You will be taking an online interview/coding test based on your language preference.
- Technical interviews: we’ll discuss areas relevant to you ranging from frontend/backend development to networks, security, and development methods. We’re trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
- Meet your future team to learn what they are working with. After that the final interview with our founders.