Backend Engineer (All Level)
- ShopUp, House 103, Lane 08, Mosjid road, Mohakhali DOHS, Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
ShopUp is Bangladesh's leading full-stack B2B platform for small businesses. We provide easy access to B2B sourcing, last-mile logistics, digital credit, and business management solutions to Small Businesses. We currently have over 500k MSMEs on our platform.
- Collaborate with our team in every stage of a product's lifecycle; from planning to delivery
- Create clear, concise and maintainable code that your teammates can understand and build upon
- Participate in code reviews
- Create great products collaborating with business and engineering teams.
What is Required:
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Understanding the use cases for relational (MySQL) and non-relational (MongoDB) data, OLTP and OLAP workloads
- Good knowledge of the most common web servers/load balancers (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy)
- Passionate about software development, concurrency mechanisms and building small, intercommunicating services using REST, Message brokers like Kafka/Redis, gRPC.
- Experience with Docker and CI.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience within Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Solid debugging, optimization and problem-solving skills
Bonus skills and experiences:
- Experience with other ecosystems like, Golang, Python
- Deployment and provisioning automation tools e.g Kubernetes, Openshift
- Elastic Stack
70k - 200k
What to expect from our recruiting process
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you.
- Technical interview: we’ll discuss areas relevant to you ranging from frontend/backend development to networks, security, and development methods. We’re trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
- Meet your future team to learn what they are working with. After that the final interview with our founders.