Software Engineering Intern (6 months)
- Gurugram, Haryana, India
At Shipsy, data is at the center of all our solutions. We enable organizations to capture more & better quality data and help them utilize it to truly become a data-driven organization. We are a young group of high-caliber engineers from the top institutes of India with diverse backgrounds ranging from big data, software architecture, machine learning, robotics, blockchain, IoT putting all our knowledge and energy towards solving real-life business problems through the means of technology.
Our Logistics Visibility & Control Tower platform handles over 1 million transactions on a daily basis, and provide real-time customized views to operation managers, strategy team, business managers on the activity of field workforce throughout the country covering regions like Arunachal Pradesh, J&K, Andaman etc.. The field workforce uses our secure SMS sync feature in remote locations without internet connectivity and provide valuable real-time information to customers for the first time in the industry.
Indian Logistics and Supply Chain landscape pose unique challenges and our group of passionate innovators puts their heart into solving these problems, thus creating a meaningful impact. Our solutions have enabled businesses to improve their customer centricity & efficiency. Some examples include a voice assistant that tells you about the most important areas to focus on a given day, computer vision based data extraction from consignments, deep learning based fraud detection in the delivery operations, predicting possible delays in the supply chain etc.
While we work really hard both in terms of hours we put in at work and the challenging problems we work on, learning and having fun is one the most important parts of our work culture. We organize technical seminars regularly, enroll people in online learning resources to make sure our knowledge keeps growing. The free breakfast, dinner, and snacks make sure that no one is hungry at work. We organize monthly team outings like laser tag, paintball, trampoline, football etc. along with team parties and offsite to keep our minds fresh. Company also buys everyone a gadget of their choice. There are rewards for top performers in the form of international trip vouchers. All in all, we are a people first technology company.
We value building a culture with strong engineering values and goals because we believe that it is the key to building a great company and product. Building the right abstractions to manage complexity so that we can develop and iterate quickly as the product grows is important to us. We use continuous deployment so all code that gets checked in goes live to production within minutes, no matter what time it is. We emphasise code reviews with 24-hour turnaround times and hold weekly engineering tech talks to maintain high code quality and to optimise for learning the best engineering practices.
- Develop next generation applications using mobility, SaaS and other emerging technologies
- Work as part of an Agile team. Picking up sprint/backlog tasks, reporting on task progress and working collaboratively with the entire team to deliver stories and business value. Follow up on the progress of development and report to development manager.
- Work with the development team and other production support team members to ensure the applications are working as expected
- Suggest architecture changes and design patterns based on existing application code and business rules
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or equivalent and extraordinary software engineering talent
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems, and machine learning
- Your contribution in managing deployment, testing, and scaling of our product would be extremely valuable.
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
Why Explore a Career at Shipsy
Our current team has 100+ people from top institutes across the country like IITs, BITS, IIITs, NITs with experience in Big Data, Software Architecture, ML, AI, Robotics, Blockchain. In combination, we have worked at Samsung Korea, MIT Media Labs, CMU Robotics, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Samsung Research, GE Research, Qualcomm Research etc. and also have been entrepreneurs etc. We have numerous research publications and patents.
- Free breakfast, dinner and snacks at the office
- Monthly team outings, e.g., laser tag, paintball, football, trampoline etc.
- Quarterly team parties and annual offsite
- Company sponsored enrolment worth 40K annually to online learning resources like Coursera, edX etc.
- International trip vouchers for top performers
- Company sponsored asset purchase worth 50K
- Games in office - Mini golf, pool, foosball
- Regular tech seminars
Our hiring principles
- We don't care about the stack you've worked upon, we look good understanding of fundamentals.
- We look for depth in the work experience. Our tech stack consists of almost all the latest technologies and we expect people to learn fast and acquire sufficient depth.
- We look for people passionate about technology and are good team players.