Customer Support Engineer
- Gurugram, Haryana, India
Shipsy, we aspire to be at the forefront of technology with next-generation products that change the way logistics is managed, and positively impact millions of people. Over the past 5 years, Shipsy has gained a dominant share in the domestic logistics space with over 30% of the India courier/express industry flowing through our system. We have also gained a foothold in international markets with companies in Saudi Arabia, UAE, North Africa, and Southeast Asia using our platform. This platform processes over 1.5 million transactions a day across these customers.
Since 2019, our new product line around International Freight has also seen tremendous traction, with the majority of top exporters of India and over 5000 SMEs already using it actively. We are focused on solving customers' problems around lack of visibility, the opacity of price procurement, communication with various stakeholders in the ecosystem along with the ease of payments and financing which could drive this industry at a faster pace. We are over a 120 member team now, with offices in 3 locations - Gurgaon (HO), Mumbai, and Bangalore.
Our team is comprised of excellent individuals from top institutes across the country like IITs, IIITs, NITs with experience in Big Data, Software Architecture, ML, AI, Robotics, Blockchain. In combination, we have previously worked at Samsung Korea, MIT Media Labs, CMU Robotics, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Samsung Research, GE Research, Qualcomm Research, etc. and have also been entrepreneurs. We have numerous research publications and patents. The core team has computer scientists, electrical engineers from IIT Delhi and Madras, and this core tech focus would contribute tremendously to your learning.
We also have some very good employee benefits such as the scholarship program and more that will further enhance your learning. We serve clients from across various industries and geographies, and pride in having a young, energetic, diverse team. An exciting, results-driven, growth-oriented role with an opportunity to guide our fastest-growing product to the next level.
What does the Customer Support Team do?
The CS team is the first point of contact for any issues that the customers face with our product. Every CSE is technically sound with a mindset of debugging issues and asking the right question (probing) to provide a solution at the earliest.
All CSEs are fluent in verbal and written skills and are able to articulate a solution and workaround to the customer. They know when to escalate and de-escalate an issue whenever required. CSEs have a helpful attitude and are always curious to learn new things. A CSE owns an issue till closure and does not let the ball drop in-between.
What are we hiring for?
· If you enjoy designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software
· Can manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
· Have interest & ability to learn other coding languages as needed
· And can take a First-principles approach to problem-solving
What are your Roles/Responsibilities
The role will have a combination of superb customer interaction abilities and are comfortable solving complex technical issues. The candidate will handle inbound escalations and be the primary escalation interface into our Engineering team. This role will directly responsible for issue triage, as well as creating and updating support documentation.
- Provide escalated technical and triage support for other teams
- Actively contribute to our online support documentation
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, and Customer Success teams
- Help define and execute support team processes
- Leverage product expertise and technical knowledge to delight customers.
- Responsible for responding to customer emails and driving excellent customer experience and creating an environment for a world-class support team
- Engineering degree (CS preferred)
- 1+ years of programming experience (API/ Web/ Mobile)
- Excellent communication skills & strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem-solving ability. Provide efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure customer satisfaction
Why Explore a Career at Shipsy
Our current team has 100+ people from top institutes across the country like IITs, BITS, IIITs, NITs with experience in Big Data, Software Architecture, ML, AI, Robotics, Blockchain. In combination, we have worked at Samsung Korea, MIT Media Labs, CMU Robotics, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Samsung Research, GE Research, Qualcomm Research etc. and also have been entrepreneurs etc. We have numerous research publications and patents.
- Free breakfast, dinner, and snacks at the office
- Regular team building activities, events, meditation sessions
- Quarterly team parties and annual offsite
- Company-sponsored enrolment worth 40K annually to online learning resources like Coursera, edX, etc.
- Company-sponsored asset purchase worth 50K
- Games in office - Mini golf, pool, foosball
- Regular tech talks, training sessionss and knowledge sharing sessions