Software Engineer - FullStack/Nodejs/Reactjs
- Gurugram, Haryana, India
At Shipsy, data is at the center of all our solutions. We enable organizations to capture more & better quality data and help them utilize it to truly become a data-driven organization. We are a young group of high-caliber engineers from the top institutes of India with diverse backgrounds ranging from big data, software architecture, machine learning, robotics, blockchain, IoT putting all our knowledge and energy towards solving real-life business problems through the means of technology.
Our Logistics Visibility & Control Tower platform handles over 1 million transactions on a daily basis, and provide real-time customized views to operation managers, strategy team, business managers on the activity of field workforce throughout the country covering regions like Arunachal Pradesh, J&K, Andaman etc.. The field workforce uses our secure SMS sync feature in remote locations without internet connectivity and provide valuable real-time information to customers for the first time in the industry.
Indian Logistics and Supply Chain landscape pose unique challenges and our group of passionate innovators puts their heart into solving these problems, thus creating a meaningful impact. Our solutions have enabled businesses to improve their customer centricity & efficiency. Some examples include a voice assistant that tells you about the most important areas to focus on a given day, computer vision based data extraction from consignments, deep learning based fraud detection in the delivery operations, predicting possible delays in the supply chain etc.
While we work really hard both in terms of hours we put in at work and the challenging problems we work on, learning and having fun is one the most important parts of our work culture. We organize technical seminars regularly, enroll people in online learning resources to make sure our knowledge keeps growing. The free breakfast, dinner, and snacks make sure that no one is hungry at work. We organize monthly team outings like laser tag, paintball, trampoline, football etc. along with team parties and offsite to keep our minds fresh. Company also buys everyone a gadget of their choice. There are rewards for top performers in the form of international trip vouchers. All in all, we are a people first technology company.
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Prior work experience of 1-2 years is welcome
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Excellent knowledge of databases, SQL and non-SQL technologies is a plus
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web-framework is a plus
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience with Data Science is a plus
- University/college degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Why Explore a Career at Shipsy
Our current team has 100+ people from top institutes across the country like IITs, BITS, IIITs, NITs with experience in Big Data, Software Architecture, ML, AI, Robotics, Blockchain. In combination, we have worked at Samsung Korea, MIT Media Labs, CMU Robotics, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Samsung Research, GE Research, Qualcomm Research etc. and also have been entrepreneurs etc. We have numerous research publications and patents.
- Free breakfast, dinner and snacks at the office
- Monthly team outings, e.g., laser tag, paintball, football, trampoline etc.
- Quarterly team parties and annual offsite
- Company sponsored enrolment worth 40K annually to online learning resources like Coursera, edX etc.
- International trip vouchers for top performers
- Company sponsored asset purchase worth 50K
- Games in office - Mini golf, pool, foosball
- Regular tech seminars
Our hiring principles
- We don't care about the stack you've worked upon, we look good understanding of fundamentals.
- We look for depth in the work experience. Our tech stack consists of almost all the latest technologies and we expect people to learn fast and acquire sufficient depth.
- We look for people passionate about technology and are good team players.