Lead Software Engineer - Android
- Gurugram, Haryana, India
At Shipsy, data is at the center of all our solutions. We enable organizations to capture more & better quality data and help them utilize it to truly become a data-driven organization. We are a young group of high-caliber engineers from the top institutes of India with diverse backgrounds ranging from big data, software architecture, machine learning, robotics, blockchain, IoT putting all our knowledge and energy towards solving real-life business problems through the means of technology.
Our Logistics Visibility & Control Tower platform handles over 1 million transactions on a daily basis, and provide real-time customized views to operation managers, strategy team, business managers on the activity of field workforce throughout the country covering regions like Arunachal Pradesh, J&K, Andaman etc.. The field workforce uses our secure SMS sync feature in remote locations without internet connectivity and provide valuable real-time information to customers for the first time in the industry.
While we work really hard both in terms of hours we put in at work and the challenging problems we work on, learning and having fun is one the most important parts of our work culture. We organize technical seminars regularly, enroll people in online learning resources to make sure our knowledge keeps growing. The free breakfast, dinner, and snacks make sure that no one is hungry at work. We organize monthly team outings like laser tag, paintball, trampoline, football etc. along with team parties and offsite to keep our minds fresh. Company also buys everyone a gadget of their choice. There are rewards for top performers in the form of international trip vouchers. All in all, we are a people first technology company.
Why Explore a Career at Shipsy
Our current team has 120+ people from top institutes across the country like IITs, BITS, IIITs, NITs with experience in Big Data, Software Architecture, ML, AI, Robotics, Blockchain. In combination, we have worked at Samsung Korea, MIT Media Labs, CMU Robotics, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Samsung Research, GE Research, Qualcomm Research etc. and also have been entrepreneurs etc. We have numerous research publications and patents.
Shipsy is looking for an Android developer to join our Android team. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
On top of that, Android engineers create and ship new features as critical members of the product development team. As an Android engineer, you'll ship new products and make our frameworks reliable, reusable, and fast.
- Work with a small team of mobile engineers to build our Android platform.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Improve our code quality and code organization.
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests for our Android Apps.
- 5+ years of experience in Android application development.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Experience with MVVM, MVP Patterns.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Familiarity with the use of Android APIs, such as GPS and bluetooth
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Passion for mobile products and personal projects or other work on the Play Store are a plus.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with Writing unit tests using JUnit/Mockito
- Experience in writing Integration/UI tests with Espresso
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of development from performance to UI.
- Knowledge about mobile devices to decide implementation tradeoffs correctly.
- Free breakfast, dinner and snacks at the office
- Monthly team outings, e.g., laser tag, paintball, football, trampoline etc.
- Quarterly team parties and annual offsite
- Company sponsored enrolment worth 40K annually to online learning resources like Coursera, edX etc.
- International trip vouchers for top performers
- Company sponsored asset purchase worth 50K
- Games in office - Mini golf, pool, foosball
- Regular tech seminars
Our hiring principles
- We don't care about the stack you've worked upon, we look good understanding of fundamentals.
- We look for depth in the work experience. Our tech stack consists of almost all the latest technologies and we expect people to learn fast and acquire sufficient depth.
- We look for people passionate about technology and are good team players.