Implementation & Support Consultant - POS
Shiji Group provides software solutions and services for the hospitality, food service, retail and entertainment industries, ranging from hotel management solutions, to food and beverage and retail systems, payment gateways, data management, online distribution and more.
Founded in 1998 as a network solutions provider for hotels, and later changed to a software provider for the whole consumer market, Shiji Group today comprises 5,000 employees in 80+ subsidiaries and brands, serving over 91,000 hotels, 200,000 restaurants and 600,000 retail outlets.
Shiji is committed to connecting the global business of hospitality. We provide an integrated suite of technological solutions that empower hotel, retail, food, and entertainment companies to better connect with their guests.
· Middle level implementation professional to handle and complete F&B POS implementation projects in hotel and restaurant environment at customer site or remotely.
· To understand the customer’s need and operation workflow; then to install, setup and configure the solution at the customer site.
· POS implementation includes: understanding user’s requirement / installing and setup of equipment such as the servers, workstations, printers and other relevant devices / system configuration / restaurant menu items configuration / site survey and testing for the system equipment / user training / on-site system testing / simple documentation / moving hardware equipment on-site / go-live standby support / after go-live support / etc.
· Connecting and testing network cable connection for multiple hardware devices is required.
· Ensure the solution meets specifications and functions per customer specific operational work flow.
· Report the additional functional request from customers to our internal Product and Development team.
· Answer operational and application questions and consult the customer.
· After "go-live", provide technical support to the customer when necessary.
· Work coordination with various internal technical teams, such as Product Team / Support Team / Development Team, etc
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a technical, hospitality or business field
· 2-5 years of overall experience in relevant roles, to handle IT Projects and User Training.
· Professional skill in Windows environment for enterprise level projects
· Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products in particular, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint
· Previous job experience with other F&B POS system or Hotel IT project
· Fast learner to pick up the company’s various IT solution; and able to handle system installation.
· Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients.
· Adhere to company standards, policy and procedure.
· Willing to work overtime, weekend and holidays as requested.
· Willing to work with a wide variety of cultures.
· Willing to be contactable on an on-call basis after-hours by mobile phone.
· Willing to travel locally and overseas for projects sites in difference location