Senior Backend Developer
- Barcelona, Spain
Shiji Group is a major software supplier in the hospitality and retail industries. Developing worldwide leading products and technologies, aimed at the international market and speeding up its globalization progress. Our team of more than 5,000 talented employees, in 70+ subsidiaries worldwide, is constantly adapting to facilitate the transition to fully integrated systems for our clients through a network of secure, scalable, and ready for the future platforms, so clients can focus on their core competencies of serving their customer and guests.
You are a talented developer who loves solving challenging algorithmic, distributed system, and large data set problems.
How your day to day will look like:
- Work with a talented team of engineers to design, build and scale back-end services.
- Participate in architectural definitions with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Working directly within a multidisciplinary team to help our customers and partners.
- Design systems that process billions of reviews, time-series data, semantic mentions, surveys, and responses daily.
- Develop cognitive services that extract meaning and insights from this data that will be used by over 60,000+ hotels worldwide to gain knowledge, visibility, and insight into their guests' experience.
- Have lots of fun building great stuff and working with great people.
Our technology stack:
- Microservices based architecture running on Kubernetes.
- Java, Python, and NodeJS
- Kafka, Elasticsearch, Mongo, Cassandra, and Mysql persistence
- MapReduce and stream-based data processing
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- You're not afraid of adapting, learning and working with different languages and frameworks.
- Be able to solve programming problems and understanding the impact of the solution from the point of view of algorithmic time and space complexity.
- Having a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- You feel comfortable working in English.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Free coffee
- Subsidized gym membership
- Brand new office located in the center of Barcelona
- International team and fantastic work environment
- Team building activities and charity donation programs
- Wellness sessions
- Knowledge exchange: we attend conferences and community events as well as provide learning resources
- Nice equipment: Mac laptops, high-quality monitors (1 or 2, the choice is yours)
- Desks with adjustable height (standing desks)