- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Shiji Group provides software solutions and services for the hospitality, food service, retail and entertainment industries, ranging from hotel management solutions, to food and beverage and retail systems, payment gateways, data management, online distribution and more. Founded in 1998 as a network solutions provider for hotels, Shiji Group today comprises 5,000 employees in 80+ subsidiaries and brands, serving over 91,000 hotels, 200,000 restaurants and 600,000 retail outlets.
- Shiji is looking for Privacy Specialist to join our Legal Privacy team to assist with a broad range of data protection and privacy compliance. The role involves advising internal clients on the various data protection related risks, obligations, and other privacy compliance issues.
- This is not a “compliance” role – we are seeking for Privacy Specialist or privacy lawyer who think big picture, who can provide pragmatic advice beyond the letter of the law, help us grow compliantly and mature how we handle privacy.
- The Privacy Specialist will be a member of Legal Privacy team and will work closely with Group DPO and serves as a the first point of contact for data privacy and protection issues facing the Shiji business in AMERICAS region.
- A law degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Privacy role in multi-national company, ideally in tech
- IAPP certification CIPP/US, CIPP/E
- Experience with interpreting and implementing obligations of the data protection legislation and regulations (especially the CCPA and the GDPR), as well understanding of security compliance
- Preferred familiarity with One Trust and similar solutions
- Knowledge and experience in IT and security when working in Privacy role, including a solid understanding of relevant technologies, such as encryption, hashing, tokenization, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to work on broad variety of legal matters and collaboration with various teams and divisions
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced environment
- Understanding of IT and Saas products and practices to protect data during processing activities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.