Data Protection Officer (all genders)
- Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
Shiji Group provides software solutions and services for the hospitality, food service, retail and entertainment industries, ranging from hotel management solutions, to food and beverage and retail systems, payment gateways, data management, online distribution and more.
Founded in 1998 as a network solutions provider for hotels, and later changed to a software provider for the whole consumer market, Shiji Group today comprises 5,000 employees in 80+ subsidiaries and brands, serving over 91,000 hotels, 200,000 restaurants and 600,000 retail outlets.
Shiji is committed to connecting the global business of hospitality. We provide an integrated suite of technological solutions that empower hotel, retail, food, and entertainment companies to better connect with their guests.
We are looking for a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to ensure our company is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other similar legislations. Reporting to our senior management, you'll advise on our compliance, monitor our adherence to GDPR standards and act as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects. You will also create policies that enforce compliance with legislation and deliver data protection trainings to our staff to increase awareness of data protection measures.
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities
- Assure compliance in various countries of our operations (incl. GDPR, CSL)
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Maintain records of processing operations
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Act as point of contact with customers, supervisory authorities and internal teams
- In-depth knowledge of GDPR and local data protection laws
- Work experience in data protection and legal compliance
- Understanding of our industry and the nature of its data processing activities
- Familiarity with computer security systems
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all noncompliance
- Strong communication skills and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Challenging and creative technology environment with a great deal of freedom and responsibility
- Feedback and initiatives are always welcomed, you’ll also get full ownership to help shape the company's future
- Opportunity to grow inside the global organization and develop yourself both professionally and personally
- Flexible working hours, opportunity to work (partially) remotely or choose your preferred location
- Regular company Events & Entertainments as well as access to various location-based benefits and Employee Assistance Programs
- Smart phone subsidy
- Opportunity for advancement. If you’re the best for the job, prove it and get it
- Open communication with all the leadership of the company. We’re always listening
Looking forward to your application under the specification of your possible starting date and salary expectations.