Software Architect (f/d/m)
- Barcelona, Spain
Shiji Group provides software solutions and services for the hospitality, food service, retail, and entertainment industries, ranging from hotel management solutions to food and beverage and retail systems, payment gateways, data management, online distribution, and more. Founded in 1998 as a network solutions provider for hotels, Shiji Group today comprises 5,000 employees in 80+ subsidiaries and brands, serving over 91,000 hotels, 200,000 restaurants, and 600,000 retail outlets.
We are looking for a hands-on and creative Software Architect to join our Global Product Management team.
- Define overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
- Define and drive software architecture and capabilities across scalability, fault tolerance, extensibility, and maintainability for the SaaS platform
- Coordinate the development efforts for the integrity of the design
- Create architecture strategy and manage the alignment to product roadmap
- Partner with business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate product requirements into system design and solutions
- Providing hands-on development where appropriate
- Designing proof-of-concept pilots and working closely with technical leads to drive successful POC implementations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Broad and extensive experience with architect or tech lead with customer-facing, large-scale, web-based applications. Overall 5+ years of experience
- Deep experience with some, if not all, of the following technologies: C#, .Net, Json, XML Kubernetes and containerization in general, relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in developing cloud applications/products extensively on AWS, Azure or GCP. AWS is preferred
- Deep knowledge of SOA & Micro services, REST Services Development
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Building and deploying highly available, large scale, high performing multi-tenant SaaS applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English.
- Able to explain the benefits of the architectural approach in terms of business value.
- Use of Atlassian Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Command-Query-Responsibility-Segregation (CQRS) architecture
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging systems
- Experience with Mobile Development (Android, IOS)
- Previous experience supporting hospitality software products will be a plus.
- We are happy to offer this as a remote position in Europe
- Challenging and creative technology environment with a great deal of freedom and responsibility
- Feedback and initiatives are always welcome, you’ll also get full ownership to help shape the company's future
- Opportunity to grow inside the global organization and develop yourself both professionally and personally
- Flexible working hours and a modern workplace in one of our multinational offices
- Regular company Events & Entertainments as well as access to various location-based benefits and Employee Assistance Programs
Looking forward to your application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectations