Senior Back-End Developer
- Faro, Portugal
Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator. Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries. Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress. Currently Shiji has more than 50 subsidiaries with more than 3,000 employees worldwide.
Concept, a Shiji Group Brand, is one of the leading Golf, Spa, and Leisure solution providers for luxury hotels around the world. With over 25 years of experience in 67 countries, Concept’s commitment to existing and potential new clients means that our software solutions are continually developed and enhanced to add new features and functionality, based on the requirements of many of the world’s leading hotels, clubs and leisure resorts.
A part of the Shiji Group since October 2018, Concept brings strength to the Shiji portfolio, with a one-stop solution for golf courses, spas connecting luxury resorts. Concept is in more than 600 different properties around the world.
Concept aspires to attain and maintain leadership of the Golf, Spa & Leisure software market by providing consistent and superior software and services, pioneering many new standards, and offering our clients unparalleled service and integrity.
To support our Development team in Portugal, we’re looking for a motivated and skilled Senior Back-End Developer to integrate a fantastic team that is changing the hospitality industry, to develop new features, collaborating on the development of software applications, and doing code-review.
- Developing software
- Consulting with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures
- Creating end-user applications
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades
- Documenting processes and maintaining software development records
- Keeping up to date with C++ standards, Microservices Architecture and advancements in
- application development
- A SOLID understanding of best practices and processes in software development
- Experience with advanced C++ software development skills and extensive experience in collaborating on software development projects
- To be first-class C++ developer in our environment you must have a mindset for teamwork, self-management and learning new technologies.
- Experience with GIT version control system and GitFlow
- Experience with Test-driven development
- Experience in working as SCRUM team member
- Prioritization ninja with ability to multi-task and outstanding organizational skills
- Well-structured, loyal and initiative person with a get-it-done attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Good analytical skills and basic understanding of programming best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English are essential
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or similar
- Problem-solving skills
- A minimum of three years' experience as a C++ software developer
- Desirable: Rad Studio and VCL Components
Nice to Have:
- Additional knowledge in SOA, C# .NET Core and Microservices architecture will be considered a plus
- Experience in asynchronous programming using async/await
- Employment in the organization with an established position on the market;
- Exciting job within a creative environment and the opportunity to make a real impact on the business;
- We are investing heavily in new facilities with an environment conducive to creativity, dynamic, flexible, talented and focused multicultural team seeking more growth;
- Full time job contract.
Looking forward to your application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectations.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by CONCEPTEK – Sistemas de Informação, S.A. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by CONCEPTEK – Sistemas de Informação, S.A. for the needs of future recruitment.