DevOps Engineer - CS
- Katowice, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator.
Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries.
Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress. Currently Shiji has more than 50 subsidiaries with about 3,000 employees.
Your job will be to develop a part of a distributed system that serves the hospitality industry. The system consists of many domain-oriented microservices developed under a few cross-functional teams. You can bring a smile on the faces of thousands of people working in hotels across the globe.
You'll be responsible for:
- Being a part of infrastructure transformation into infrastructure as code approach,
- Using CI/CD tools and scripts to create automatic application deployments for microservices,
- Helping developers in daily activities related to tools maintenance and AWS/Kubernetes operations,
- Working in collaborative and iterative software development process with agile teams.
- AWS (EC2, RDS, VPC, ELB, S3, IAM, Lambda, CloudWatch),
- Kubernetes, Docker,
- CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins/Gitlab),
- Terraform, Helm,
- Linux, Windows,
- NET, React, Android,
- PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Minimum 3-year experience in similar position and minimum 5 years of experience in IT industry,
- Good experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, IAM, Lambda, CloudWatch),
- Good experience with Kubernetes and Docker,
- Experience with AWS networking and security,
- Experience with shell scripting (bash and/or PowerShell),
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required,
- Proactive attitude and continuous improvement.
Nice to have:
- Experience in implementing IaaC using Terraform,
- Experience with HA systems,
- Experience with CI/CD tools,
- Experience with Windows/Linux server administration,
- Understanding of relational databases (tools and monitoring).
- All types of employment,
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work partially remotely,
- Full package of benefits, including the private medical care, sports card, life insurance, “cafeteria” card, English lessons and more…
- Support of self-development in professional area (co-financed trainings, conferences, certifications etc.),
- Chill rooms with variety of games, team building events and staff parties,
- And last – but not the least – great team, atmosphere and a chance to participate in creating the enterprise-scale project from a scratch in an international environment.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. for the needs of future recruitment.