Cloud Monitoring Specialist
- Katowice, Poland
Developing enterprise cloud oriented software to power the travel industry. Designing fresh and beautiful software that is a pure pleasure to use and free of historical overhead.
Following an agile framework model, the Shiji Poland is a young & energetic environment that offers individual contribution against a strong core value set.
Still growing, with over 150 employees worldwide, we’re striving to become a leader in the industry and a first, natural choice of our Clients.
- As a member of Security & Network Operations Center you will monitor a wide variety of modern information systems, applications, complex cloud and network infrastructure operating across the globe
- Develop monitoring scenarios, analyse events and metrics to identify incidents, outages, performance alerts as well as anomalous activity and potential threats to systems, networks and applications
- Work with other teams to identify inefficiencies in current monitoring services, propose and implement changes to streamline alerts or automate remediations
- Help identify ways to reduce manual effort spent identifying and remediating issues
- Propose, design, build, implement, improve, operate, troubleshoot and perform maintenance of systems and solutions supporting monitoring function
- Develop and maintain processes and documentation of the monitoring operations and environment
- Identify and respond to incidents, outages, performance alerts as well as anomalous activity; categorize and escalate issues; prioritize incidents in accordance with business requirements; proactively search for potential issues
- Notify technical teams and business users of issues, outages, incidents and remediation statuses
- Create mitigation strategies and support in remediation activities
- Experience in monitoring of applications, network or cloud infrastructure
- Understanding of application performance concepts, cloud solutions (in particular AWS), Linux and Windows operating systems, basic network infrastructure concepts
- Strong will to develop skills in application, cloud and network infrastructure monitoring and to learn latest technologies
- Team player with strong communication skills and ability to work in agile environment
- Self-motivation, positive attitude, creativity and attention to details
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to work under high pressure situations
- Ability to work in 24/7 shifts
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of solutions supporting monitoring activities, e.g. Application Performance Management (APM) tools, Grafana, Nagios, AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, ELK Stack
- Network, cloud and IT related certifications (e.g. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner)
- Knowledge of monitoring best practises (e.g. ITIL)
- Knowledge of the security aspects of the cloud technologies
- Good knowledge of different systems and software architecture
- Experience in monitoring of high-availability environments
- Knowledge of scripting languages for monitoring automation
- Employment in the organization with an established position on the market
- Full time job contract / B2B Contract
- Competitive salary adequate to your skills and performance
- Full package of benefits, including the private medical care, sports card, life insurance, MyBenefit card, English lessons during working hours, free fruits
- Chill rooms with variety of games, team building events and staff parties.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. for the needs of future recruitment.