- Katowice, Poland
Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator.
Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries.
Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress.
Currently Shiji has more than 50 subsidiaries with about 3,000 employees.
People & Business Management
- Ensures that the required systems, tools, and processes are in place to support the Shiji Poland data platform
- Manages multiple individual contributors and teams across the global organization and liaise with other members of the Shiji Poland data platform team to ensure effective and efficient coordination between Shiji Poland departments, entities and sister companies
- Monitors, reports and works with personnel to ensure industry leading Shiji Poland software and data platform performance
- Interviews, hires, on-boards and mentors' new hires, engages and motivates the team
- Establishes systematic performance standards, and ensures that performance issues are identified and acted upon promptly
- Encourages development and retention planning for top talent across own team Accountable for data platform operational/financial metrics and overall business results of practice
- Ensures the identification, measurement and plans to remediate Shiji Poland data platform risks or threats
- Provide guidance and recommendations to program and project managers and business stakeholders based upon feasibility, benefit, risk, and resource capability
- Accountable for providing day-to-day leadership and management of the Shiji data platform Infrastructure and managing the effective delivery of services to the organization
- Should understand today's web, mobile, and application delivery platforms, keep up with the pace of technology change, and Cloud architectures
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and structured processes and procedures
Operations, Implementation and Support Management
- Develops strategy and plans to successfully implement global data platform plans, operational policies and achieve business objectives
- Responsible for maintaining strategic direction, ensuring effective and efficient growth of the system and the delivery of high quality data platform production systems and software and global consistency
- Works with operational colleagues to better support and improve the A Shiji Poland system
- Actively participate in senior management meetings and represent the data platform operations function of Shiji Poland
- Clarifies key issues and strategies with appropriate stakeholders in the client organization
- May serve as advisor or project sponsor role in global and complex customer engagements
- Continuously improve operations processes, develop and present best practices, technical concepts and technologies for innovative Middleware and Database solutions, Evolving Support Model, Practices and Audit Controls
- Fluent English
- University degree
- Engaging, global thinking individual which demonstrated leading a sizable development from development into production
- Hands-on development knowledge in following areas and tools such as microservics, CQRS, .Net Core, AWS, Cucumber, Chaos Monkey etc. will be helpful
- Enterprise development management background and has the capacity to think in requirements, solutions and delivery on a strategic level and can break it down to digestable plans for the development organization
- Direct line Management experience including project, people, customer, financial management preferred
- Expertise in hospitality management systems products, technology and industry a plus
- Have and maintain a current knowledge of the state of cloud based technology development, deployment, support on a global basis
- High energy with proven ability to lead global development teams
- Design, development and process management experience a plus
- Prior accountability for mission critical IT applications Experience scaling operations
- An understanding of how to develop an architecture environment that supports a rapidly growing business is ideal
- Exposure to a customer-focused, high-end services business model
- Ability to travel as needed
- Adapts a leadership style to fit different situations and focuses individual and group energies on appropriate key objectives. Inspires others to achieve a shared vision
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities. Capability to liaise with various internal and external stakeholders at different levels in the organisation
- Outstanding communication skills. Expresses and articulates key elements of ideas or concepts (both written and verbal) in a logical, descriptive, and comprehensible manner. Anticipates reactions and responds appropriately Takes ownership of and resolves very complex problems in a way that demonstrates balanced judgment. Develops creative workarounds and solutions for many problems within appropriate timeframes
- Experience managing and working with geographically distributed systems and culturally diverse work-groups and teams
- All types of employment.
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work partially remotely.
- Full package of benefits, including the private medical care, sports card, life insurance, “cafeteria” card, English lessons and more…
- Support of self-development in professional area (co-financed trainings, conferences, certifications etc.)
- Chill rooms with variety of games, team building events and staff parties.
- And last – but not the least – great Team, atmosphere and a chance to participate in creating the enterprise-scale project from a scratch in an international environment.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. for the needs of future recruitment.